Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

clicking noise on my 4 door jk?

Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clicking noise on my 4 door jk?

Guys I have had my jeep now for a little bit over a month and absolutely love it. Though at slower speeds it sounds like i may be hearing a clicking noise very small noise but i can still here it also this noise is even more prominent when in 4x4. What could this be i thinkin maybe just a new cv joint but i thought that was just for 4x4 will this help the noise even in 2wd? Jeep is lifted 4in and 35 tires. Thanks guys been around the off road sence a bit but i left my mustang for this jeep and could use all the advice!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a bone stock 2011 4-door sport. I live in Arizona and have taken it on the trails twice now. Both times, the upper mount for the sway bar has had the bolt come loose and make a clicking noise when I either go over bumps or turn. You just have to get under there and tighten it back up. Hope that helps.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have sway bar disconnects? I just had a horrible "clunk" noise whenever I'd turn or rock the jeep. Took me forever to figure out it was my jks swaybar disconnect. Pulled it off and discovered it was full of mud. Cleaned and WD-40'd it... No clunk
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

I have a clicking noise . Thought it was many things. gears , exhaust , loose parts, sway bars.

Turns out it's my not cv driveshafts
Rear is clicking like mad front is small click

UPS man dropped two new JE REEL shafts today. Yippee. Tired of the clicking

I Also have 35's. And 4 inch lift
Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Every now and then i get what seams to be a cv joint clicking. It came and went from day to day and sometimes nothing for weeks. Found out it was Rocks getting stuck in the tread of the tire lol. Just something to look for if you have a coming and going clicking.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup same here on my 2011 the Rear sway bar bolts are always loose after a day of moderate wheelin.

Quick Reply: clicking noise on my 4 door jk?