Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

In Dash Winch Control

Old 01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure someone can find the answer. Can you check the plug on the winch? I'll keep looking.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's done (finally)!!! Thanks to this write-up I just finished installing mine, but with a little twist. I thought this was a little risky, especially with the top and doors off, as it would allow anyone to start messing with the switches and controlling the winch. As a little peace-of-mind I installed a keyswitch that interrupts the power coming from the winch. This way, the key has to be in the on position (which lights up the LED indicator) and then the toggle is activated. The key is removable in both positions so I can just turn it on when I go wheeling and then turn it back off when I"m done.

Mike
Old 03-13-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Junkie

done last night.. thanks for the write-up
Old 09-12-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rfrogman
The new Mom-Off-Mom switch is installed. Thank you WRATHYJEEP, Putnam dan, and MDlott for your advice and location to get the switch.

You should look into javasigns dot com and have them make a multi color decal for you. Shoot them a adobe illistrator file with the exact size/locations/colors and for real cheap they can send you one. Remove your switches, place the labe, and replace the switches!

I made a box to remotely fire model rockets/fireworks/etc...and I used them. I did all the design but to have them ship me two 13x15 multi color decals was about 15.00. I assume it would be about the same or maybe a little less for that if you did all the work.

Here is what I came up with. Almost everything was installed at the time.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice write up.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I attempted mine last night but with no success, heres what I did,

I am setting mine up without a LED so I spliced into the power wire comming from the winch control box and ran that to one side of the on off switch, from the other terminal on the on off switch I ran a short wire to the center of the Momentary On off on switch, then ran a wire from each of the other 2 control box wires to either side of the on off on switch, (mine control box plug only has 3 wires on it, 2 are brown and one is black) If my thinking is right, then when you flip the on off on switch it should give power to the momentary on off on switch allowing it to function normally. But i get no response. If I have confused anyone I can attempt a sketch but It all sounds fairly simple in my head. Let me know if anyone sees anything wrong with what I did, or have any suggestions on how to make it better.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

anybody have any ideas??
Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!!! Now I have something to do tomorrow....

I guess this would be identical to the Xrc10?????

Thanks!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rfrogman

How do you seperate the AC controls from the dash? I can only pull my dash pannel a few inches out and the cables for the AC controls hang up and I can't figure out how to detach them to get the pannel off to mount switches.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

If you splice the in/out wires from the winch to the switches AND you have the winch remote connected outside the vehicle, which system would override the other? Or would there be a fuse blowout somewhere in the system?

I know it's a fairly dumb question but in the insane chance someone is pressing out on the remote while you are flipping the in, in the cab, what happens?

Quick Reply: In Dash Winch Control