Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

E disco sway bar rewiring

Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E disco sway bar rewiring

Ok, so i have a rubi and have nothing but problems with the E-disco module. Its failed a number of times, i've been able to fix it up till now, but this time its fried. Chrysler doesn't want to cover it because i've tampered with it and its 1800 dollars to order a whole new sway bar to fix it back to stock. My new plan is to build a new better simpler circuit. I like the idea because it replaces the fail prone module that is on there now with a simple setup that can be used in two wheel drive it i want to but this is also a great way to wire it up if you didn't originally have the e-disco and have come across one and are installing it. Now there are two things about this post, one you have to have a general understanding of electronics and circuits to understand what you are looking at. and two, you have to have some understand of what the e-disco module looks like and how it works from the factory in order to adapt it to this. That being said i'd like to thank the user Esantia for PMing me the info about what parts and a basic plan for this. I've since drawn this up and would love to get some feedback from anyone that can understand that and give me a thumbs up or thumbs down.

heres the diagram, drawn in paint lol

Oh yeah, another great thing about this, is that the light on the rocker wont actually illuminate until the sway bar is disconnected, and the fail safe of reconnecting the bar still works. If for any reason the circuit ever fails, as long as you turn off the rocker switch all power is cut going to the sway bar, allowing for the original fail safe mechanism to reconnect to work so you're always safe to drive on the road.

Last edited by yellowjeeper85; 11-27-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Ok, so i'm getting ready to try this soon, only instead of using a reed switch, i've decided to use a trigger swith. the reed switch is a little too sensitive for my tastes and would have to be aligned perfectly and the slightest of bumps could wack it out of place causing the system to fail and damage the plunger mechanism. so, the trigger switch looks to be what i need. All i need now is a 2 ohm ballast resister or coil resister and i should be all set. Once i get it together i'll let you guys know how i like it
Old 12-07-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks good. Is this a little "module" you'll mount somewhere outside the swaybar?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Well actually, I'll probably be gutting the current module and just saving the motor, magnet brake and plungers. the circuit board will get snapped off and everything else should fit in the aluminum housing no problem.

Quick Reply: E disco sway bar rewiring