Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Factory DVD player watching while driving fix???

Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://mofv.com/MyGIG they explain how to make an upgrade disk there and i havent noticed any differences and you can always reupgrade

Last edited by Robar; 11-05-2008 at 04:03 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

ok, this all sounds great but im still not clear on how to down grade? can someone walk me through the steps and will it work? do i need to just down grade the dvd software are all of it?? the link posted talks about upgrades for my gig, dvd, nav.... so i'm kinda lost! but my daughter is drivin me nuts to get it working for her!! thanks for any help guys.... feel free to pm me if needed? also if i upgrade to the older version software will i loose all the songs i have stored in mygig???
Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Not to be a thread buster, but, you do know that most stores sell portable DVD players that connect to your aux power plug, for less than 1/3 the price of the other things brought up so far?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bosscj351
Not to be a thread buster, but, you do know that most stores sell portable DVD players that connect to your aux power plug, for less than 1/3 the price of the other things brought up so far?
I have been wondering why anyone would spend that much for the lockpick. Granted you do get the extra monitor cables, but come on, you could buy two portable DVD players for that price. I'm not even considering the lockpick.

If there is a method of cutting, crossing and soldering wires to get the DVD player working then I'm all for that. I figure that there must be at least two wires that "stimulate" the DVD player and make it turn off. One has to do with the parking light, the other with the speedometer. Lets get our minds together and figure this out, the "lockpick" company has, so it is possible.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by charlope
I have been wondering why anyone would spend that much for the lockpick. Granted you do get the extra monitor cables, but come on, you could buy two portable DVD players for that price. I'm not even considering the lockpick.

If there is a method of cutting, crossing and soldering wires to get the DVD player working then I'm all for that. I figure that there must be at least two wires that "stimulate" the DVD player and make it turn off. One has to do with the parking light, the other with the speedometer. Lets get our minds together and figure this out, the "lockpick" company has, so it is possible.
The wires that control the dvd function run through the CAN BUS computer that is in the jeep itself. We have been bashing our head for almost 2 years to figure out a way to do it and Lockpick has been the only ones that have come up with a solution. Not only does the Lockpick allow you to play dvds while you drive but you can also input info on the nav side of it. The extra video cables allow you to run either rear monitors or you can get a rear view cam and it will come up on the mygig screen.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I use the NAVTV Allgig. Works great and adds the ability to add a bunch of extras to your mygig.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed lockpick and works great. had a few minor issues they helped me with but now everything works. going to install backup cam. i also use the bluetooth to run phone thru syst...can't do that with 2 portable dvd players.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea...we don't have enough problems with people using their cell phones while driving, this ought to make the commute to work just that much more entertaining.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notatoy
I just installed lockpick and works great. had a few minor issues they helped me with but now everything works. going to install backup cam. i also use the bluetooth to run phone thru syst...can't do that with 2 portable dvd players.
you dont need lockpick to make bluetooth work..just need to hold down 3 buttons and plug in a mic.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default mine works fine

i had a set of dvd players that you see all the time in soccer mom cars you know the two screens that hang on the headrests. took the one that didnt have the dvd player it was just a screen and pluged the video pins on the back of the stock radio in and it works when im driving no extras just the two pins from the radio to the screen and it works great.

Quick Reply: Factory DVD player watching while driving fix???