Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Flashpac settings?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashpac settings?

I just purchased a Flashpac for my JK, and I am wondering what settings others are using. I have 08 Rubicon Unlimited, auto, Gibson single exhaust, K&N drop in air filter, stock wheels and tires, 2.5 inch Skyjacker lift. Don't want to use premium fuel. I just want better performance, I read someone was using the 87 setting with towing and was pleased. Is this a good setting? Also, I was very pleased with the fast service I got from Northridge, I would recomend them.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Default 87 is great

I am currently running 87. I am going to try it for two weeks I have one down so far. I have been mashing the pedal everywhere, because it is so much more fun and have still got 14.7 mpg. If i did that before the tuner or with my old hypertec i would be at 12mpg. I am going to do the 91 setting next week and check it out to see if there is a difference. I have only made one attempt at logging my 0-60, not as easy as you think I hit green lights all the way to work this morning and it will not initiate unless jeep reaches a dead stop. An awsome feature thogh. I think on the 87 I logged a 0-60 at 11.84. This was while i was going into a turn i think i need to run a straight away test. i ran a 0-40 and logged a 5.3 also in a turn.

I love this tuner, I liked the hypertec, but honestly no one noticed the difference but me. With the flashpaq everyone noticed immiedialy, I believe my wife said Holy ^%*& what did you do? I always tell he I have a hidden turbo button, but I do not want her to use it.

I will try do get some better times for real data and post em. Mean while keep enjoying that 87 tune it rocks.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the heavy tow setting for about a week. Now trying the performance 91 or whatever it is. Just got a fresh tank if 93 octane in it.

Seems to be pretty responsive, but not a huge difference than the towing setting.

Loads of fun either way, and way better than stock.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

87 works great for me... tried the 91 with no real difference...
Old 08-05-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Running 87 here, can't afford gas as it is so I will probably not be trying the higher grades..... Works great and it was well worth the cost overall.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

running the 87 tune, and got 1 to 1.5 more MPG than I was seeing with the Hypertech....was getting right around 17.5 MPG running 75-80 down and back to Arkansas....getting around 18.5 when I was on the back road sections and driving 55-60.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm currently running 87. I don't see any major difference in acceleration. I did notice that it seems to help the Jeep to remain at highway speeds. Without it I noticed that unless I had the cruise set I constantly had to add slight pressure to the skinny pedal to keep it running at the desired speed. So that's a plus. Also I just installed it and it have put less than 100 miles on it so I assume it's going to get better. Still have to check out the other settings too.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

been running the 91 for a couple days no 93 octane gas around here and can not tell the difference from the 87 setting (which I love by the way) I did notice some good MPG though; 19mpg at 70 mph on flat ground. and 19.4 at 65mph. I was getting 17 with hypertech at 65 and 16.5 at 70 mph, however when I first used my hypertech my numbers were about the same. I think the jeep computer finds away to compensate with fuel mixture and negate the mpg after a while. I am a very consistant driver and my commute is the same everyday. Unless I try some octane booster that will raise me 2 full points I will go back to the 87 which is increadible. I will keep messing with the active features you can use while driving, but my 0-60 times are embarrasing so this is the last report on those. (I know not a racecar whatever)

Stock: Unknown
87 tune: Running 87 gas 11.84 with and without O/D
91 tune: Running 91 gas 11.25 with and without O/D
93 tune: Unknown (no 93 octane gas to run)
Tow tune: Unknown I drive freeways everyday this probably will be worse for my commute.

dan
Old 08-08-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm running the 87 octane myself. I can't believe how immediate the diffrence felt. There's not that half second hessitation anymore off the line. Throttle response is vastly improved. I don't know if it's effecting my milage but it definatly feels more responsive. Not faster, just more punchy.

Quick Reply: Flashpac settings?