Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Front Grab handle idea?

Old 02-15-2008, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Grab handle idea?

I notice there are a couple nice write ups for rear grab handles that attach to the speaker bolts but all the front grab handles use velcro and wrap around the roll bar padding.

Has anyone considered cutting a couple small slots in the roll bar fabric, pushing the grab handle ends through those slots and then fastening them onto the role bar with pipe clamps? This was you get the same look as the back grab handles and the roll bar padding isn't squished.

I was thinking the cut slots in the fabric could be dressed up with some black plastic grommets?

What do you think?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I'd not cut through the pads, I have the velcro ones and you can't tell it's there except when the doors are off and the door frame removed. I will also be adding them to the front upper corner area. Someone did a right up where they used one of the sun visor bolts and one on the A pillar to attach a handle. I actaully like this location better for actually assisting in getting in.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's what I did...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-inexpensive-grab-handles-48362/

Quick Reply: Front Grab handle idea?