Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Front windshield/windscreen grab handle

Old 02-04-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front windshield/windscreen grab handle

I know that there was a write up on here about putting the grab handles in the front corners of the windshield, of which I did but I am too lazy to look it up and post on it so here you go. After messing with my A pillar I kept hearing creaking in the dash but it was coming from the A pillar. The upper bolt that holds the grab handle in held fine with no noises on the first install, but after messing with the A pillar installing a light switch the noise keeps coming back. Well that bolt keeps coming loose no matter how snug I get it. Well after 3 different tightenings I went and got some blue low grade lock-tight and put it on there, noise stopped as usual soooo who knows if it will work. But I did it today so I will see if this works by the end of the week. So if you did the mod and are hearing noises, take your socket and check you’re A pillar bolt
Old 02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

where did you get this grab handle? I've been looking for one to go there. Also, are there any other threads/write-ups about this installed? I haven't come across one yet, although I haven't looked extensively either...
Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1934916

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ll=1#post46210
Old 02-07-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I rear ones are installed like the ones in that 2nd write-up. Only I have Mastcraft Front and rear O Sh** handles. The rear Mastercraft ones come with the gromits already.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14017_022.htm
Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

i just ordered some grab handles from strapworks website, they were only $3.75 a piece, I plan on adding my own grommets as they do not have them already installed.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine also backed out. Went to get in one day and almost ended up on my butt when the bolt fell out causing one end of the handle to come loose. I applied some loctite and tightened it up. Haven't had a problem since.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Yeah the grommet kit is only a fee bucks at ACE hardware and lasts a long time.

Quick Reply: Front windshield/windscreen grab handle