Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Gap between the dash and windshield fix

Old 04-26-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gap between the dash and windshield fix

I have searched and searched for that thread about the pipe insulation, but I can't find it.

Anybody know?

Thanks,
Old 04-26-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Super Freak

It is a simple fix. Go to your hardware store and buy a section of water pipe foam insulation (looks like a gray tube with a slash down the entire length) in the narrowest size. Cut it to length and lay it across the dash board forcing one edge down into the abyss to hold it in place.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

K, wasn't sure if their was a specific size or type. Will head there today. I have a Palm GPS that has the external antenna box that you throw up on the dash, well thankfully there is a cord attached, my dash was hungry and tried to eat it, I had to carefully pull it back out, so that the cord and the box didn't disconnect from each other!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gravel Gertie
It is a simple fix. Go to your hardware store and buy a section of water pipe foam insulation (looks like a gray tube with a slash down the entire length) in the narrowest size. Cut it to length and lay it across the dash board forcing one edge down into the abyss to hold it in place.

I found the post, looking for speaker upgrades, anyway, yep 1/2" copper pipe insulation stuffed in there. You were the last one to comment, about taking it out for defrost concerns and diving for your husbands sunglasses that he through up there forgetting the insulation was gone!! I bet that was a great slow motion moment
Old 04-27-2009, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did it works great see sig

red
sent from my phone
Old 04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have pictures of the fix? I would like to get something on there soon as well, just want to see how it looks.

Quick Reply: Gap between the dash and windshield fix