Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Gearing

Old 06-26-2018, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive me if it has been said already, but in the tools list on the first page its says a 35mm impact socket for the D44 pinion nut... that is incorrect. It is a 1-5/16" nut (atleast mine is)... also, if you use a heavy wall impact socket, it may not fit very well due to the taper inside the yoke causing interference. It may kinda fit, but not fully. I'm in the process of doing this, and thought I'd share my findings. Also, if you are in the rust belt, be prepared to have a BFH and slide hammer to pull the axles... holy hell... Good Luck.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sturgeon12
Also, if you are in the rust belt, be prepared to have a BFH and slide hammer to pull the axles... holy hell... Good Luck.
Tell me about it!! I reached a point of utter frustration with my axles that I just started giving the sliding hammer everything I had figuring I would either break them, or break them loose. Fortunately, they both broke loose, but holy cows!

Tom

Quick Reply: Gearing