Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Grill Mod

Old 08-21-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres how mine turned out;

Old 08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spleify
Heres how mine turned out;

sickk! looks a lot cleaner!!! nice stubbsticle and grill!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
sickk! looks a lot cleaner!!! nice stubbsticle and grill!
Thanks Pluke!! The bumper is your design, I just stole it!! Thanks
Old 08-21-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Do u have any pics of your front bumper from the side? I have been thinking about cutting mine like yours but am worried about what it will look like on the ends. I don't want to do the midwidth style. You can pm me the pix if ya want that way we don't get this thread cluttered.....either way.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Just got my expaned metal today. Took me running all over town and stopping at about 5 different shops to find it. I chose to go with the expanded metal instead of the gutter guard cause I just prefer that look and think it'll hold up better when a tree limb or something hits it. Just need to go get the zip-ties (I don't think the ones I have are UV resistant), the caliper paint for the metal, the blocks and the epoxy to hold the blocks in place.

Will post pics of my process from before to during to after when I get all the supplies.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Carbonuts
Do u have any pics of your front bumper from the side? I have been thinking about cutting mine like yours but am worried about what it will look like on the ends. I don't want to do the midwidth style. You can pm me the pix if ya want that way we don't get this thread cluttered.....either way.

Carbonuts, if you go to projectJK.com they have a whole write up on how to do this. They also have pics from the front and side. I've included the link to the write up.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...umper-write-up
Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thought I'd add an update...mine has been on about a year. I had the grill off to add some silverstar bulbs and had a chance to check the connections for the grill mod. About a handful of my blocks had come unglued - likely due to the fact I didn't wait long enough for them to dry when I first did it. added some more glue and zip tied them back in place.

Still a great mod!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

where did you get the grill at i have been looking for one i had made one for mine but didnt like the way it looked and took it off. i like the look on yours it looks awsome!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure whos you are asking about but used the gutter guard from Lowes - cheap and effective. Plus if it breaks you can easily replace it.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

i bought rubberized undercarriage paint by rustoleum, and the only type of mesh they had at lowes.. an aluminum screen door half. thing. anyway, if i get some down time in the next few hours i'll knock it out. the paint's drying. i think it will have a cool textured look, and hopefully resist flaking/peeling in the cold alaskan winters. pics of full disassembly etc to come

Quick Reply: Grill Mod