Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

How to stop drivers chair from Dropping! - Hunty's JK

Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'1" and I wish i could make the seat go lower. Does this have something to do with mine being an '07? I hate how far up the seat sits even when I put it all the way down. hmm...
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Smile Hmmmm - are you a short @ss LoL

Originally Posted by smuhhh
I'm 6'1" and I wish i could make the seat go lower. Does this have something to do with mine being an '07? I hate how far up the seat sits even when I put it all the way down. hmm...
Hi Mate
No offense intended LoL - im 6'4 and have the seat up as high as it will go (JK 07') - I like to get a good view of the trail when wheelin - .....

Do you have a long body and short legs??? Im the opposite - long legs and shorter body! - I use the maximum height & have the seat reclined a long way and chair slider all the way back - and my head just bumps the sound bar a tad occasionally -

Q. why do you have the chair set to minimum height?

I'm definately going to get after market seats - its easier for us in OZ because we dont have the OCS - Occupant classification system (driver weigh scale) and can bolt any ADR approved seat in!

Cheers Hunty
Old 02-16-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default drivers seat

My answer to the lowering seat mystery. I set the seat to the highest position, replaced the handle with a modified handle.Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	128058
Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default good idea!

this is genious. except.. one problem. i also drive with it all the way up.. and when i get back in i get mad that its down. however.. I just installed a lift, larger tires, and rockers so i no longer have decent side steps. now I cant easily just hop up onto the seat and turn in. damnit.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Amazing... Nice to know... I have had my dealer replace the seat frame/ lift mechanism twice and was about to call to set up a time for another shot at it...
Old 03-26-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

My solution was to pull the handle off and reposition it. The only position it wants to go back on is pointing straight down at the floor. It works 100 percent, never needing adjustment until you choose to.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by grettberg
My answer to the lowering seat mystery. I set the seat to the highest position, replaced the handle with a modified handle.Attachment 128058
Okay i dont have a handle any where no dose it look like there was any one know why this might be?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ragnarok
Okay i dont have a handle any where no dose it look like there was any one know why this might be?
No idea what you are asking. You don't have a handle, guess your jeep doesn't have on. What does it look like, looks like the picture. Why what might be what?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

why would you jack the seat up... i'm 6'4" and i have my seat on the floor and all the way back. i still have to bend my knees in order to keep from interfering with the steering wheel. if i jack myself up then my head will hit the sound bar.
it just doesn't make sense to me that being so tall.. why would you want to sit higher?
Old 04-19-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D0ppleganger
why would you jack the seat up... i'm 6'4" and i have my seat on the floor and all the way back. i still have to bend my knees in order to keep from interfering with the steering wheel. if i jack myself up then my head will hit the sound bar.
it just doesn't make sense to me that being so tall.. why would you want to sit higher?
Who are you talking to? Hasn't someone already said:
Hi Mate
No offense intended LoL - im 6'4 and have the seat up as high as it will go (JK 07') - I like to get a good view of the trail when wheelin - .....

Do you have a long body and short legs??? Im the opposite - long legs and shorter body!
What does this have to do with the seat dropping anyway?

Quick Reply: How to stop drivers chair from Dropping! - Hunty's JK