Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Jeep JK Wrangler Steer Stop Adjustment

Old 01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Arrow Jeep JK Wrangler Steer Stop Adjustment

If you just installed a set of bigger tires on your stock wheels or wheels that have too much back spacing, you are most likely experiencing some tire rub on your front sway bar, frame rail and/or lower control arms. Now, the obvious fix for this would be to install a set of wheels that have less back spacing or to install a set of 1.5" wheel spacers but if you’re rubbing is very minor, you might want to consider adjusting out your Jeep JK Wrangler’s steer stops. Although this will cause you to loose some of your turning radius, it is a very cheap and easy fix that can be done in minutes and with nothing more than a couple washers and a wrench.

To see my write-up on how to do this, simply click on the photo above or on the link below:

Jeep JK Wrangler Steer Stop Adjustment Instructions

Old 01-15-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, This was a big help!!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

And this is why I love this site. THANKS AGAIN
Old 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

wow, some of the info you find on this site is genious. you'd never get info like this on any other forum, seriously
Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Doh, i've been telling people to do this with no success then you come along and do a write-up and suddenly your a genius

Old 01-16-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

eddie how big are your wheels and tires and will the wheel spacers effect the esp
Old 01-16-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool find! but i wonder... for those of us that still have the stock wheels and put wheel spacers on, how hard would it be to go the otherway on this? in otherwords, instead of adding a washer, break that weld spot and move the bolt head in giving a harder turn? i've done that on a IFS system, would it be any different with the SFA?
Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by clthompson
eddie how big are your wheels and tires and will the wheel spacers effect the esp
Currently, I am running 37x13.50's on 17x8.5 wheels that have 4.5" of back spacing. Regarding wheel spacers, they will not effect your ESP.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
cool find! but i wonder... for those of us that still have the stock wheels and put wheel spacers on, how hard would it be to go the otherway on this? in otherwords, instead of adding a washer, break that weld spot and move the bolt head in giving a harder turn? i've done that on a IFS system, would it be any different with the SFA?
I suppose you could just find a replacement bolt that is shorter, add a new jam nut and it would do the same trick
Old 01-16-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I suppose you could just find a replacement bolt that is shorter, add a new jam nut and it would do the same trick
sweet! thanks!

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Wrangler Steer Stop Adjustment