Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

jk Fenders Loose? Fix it right! the way Chrysler is incapable of doing..

Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jk Fenders Loose? Fix it right! the way Chrysler is incapable of doing..

Hi Everyone,
Front the moment I bought my JK I always worried that the stupid stock fenders were going too rip off going though a puddle.. I took it in too the stealership several times, they told me it was in-spec...

The front fenders were so bloody loose they rattled when going over a speed bump... (I never hit anything FYI)
Over the past 3 months I have been experimenting with different things too help attach the fenders better then stock... I NOW HAVE A SOLUTION! :wootrock:

1st step is too get the K13 Recall done, This replaces a plastic screw with a new aluminum screw, they also trim your inner fender liner in a ghetto fashion. >:(

2nd step, Grab yourself four metal washers that fit the screw, also get two rubber washers.

3rd step, install two metal washers and one rubber washer per side. (use lock tight-- dam bolts come loose every 4x4 trip...)

4th step, Get some 14 inch long HD zip-straps

5th step, drill two holes towards the bottom of both your front fenders

6th step, Feed the zap-strap through the holes and attach around the body mount and tighten!

7th step, sorry no picts for this step ( place a bit of foam in behind the fender where it meets the body at the bottom clip) This will officially cut down any annoying vibrations coming from your loose fenders... also saves your paint job.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	145472Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	145471Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	145470Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	145469

Quick Reply: jk Fenders Loose? Fix it right! the way Chrysler is incapable of doing..