Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK Ulimited with a third row

Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I'm looking for..anyone used themjump seats? They say you don't have to remove the sub in the jku?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

I installed one of the Jump Seats about two months ago. As the picture shows, I put it on the passenger side between the sub and
Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeep MD
I installed one of the Jump Seats about two months ago. As the picture shows, I put it on the passenger side between the sub and
...second row seat. When the seat is up, it does stick out beyond the sub a few inches. However, this still proves to be much less intrusive than if installed on the drivers side.

One warning about the install, the measurements on the instructions must be altered if installing with a subwoofer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4101966795.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	283709
Old 03-09-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool. I finally got an email back from the company and they said that the seats for jeep with a sub a re made a little smaller. 2 seats in saddle leather to match with combine ship around 1400
Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blkpearl
Well to get this started I have a 4dr JK that seats 5 and i love it, however with 3 kids when they want to bring a friend or two well, we have to drive two Jeeps, I was looking around online and found a company named Little Passenger Seats www.littleseats.com/index.html, they make third row seats for all types of vehicles. The seats have seat belts built into the seat, the company matched the interior far better than i had expected. with the seat in you loose the large storage area, (same room as a TJ). the seat comes out in a few min, or just lay the mid row seat down and put the grocerys in the middle. The jeep now seats 7, so if I have friends or faimly now we can take one car, still cooler than a mini-van. what do ya'll think

Attachment 8632

It finally turned out to be a nice day so i put the top down added a couple of kids, sorry its dirty base ball games and rain make for a little mess
first pic is with seat layed down for entry.

Attachment 8633

entry view with kids

Attachment 8634

Side view with kids

Attachment 8635

view behind rear seat, just as much room as a tj,

Attachment 8636

it takes me about 10 min to take from my jeep and put in my wifes jeep, and is pretty simple to remove, my wife can take it out but take her alittle longer.
I have the same set up and love it. It comes in handy. I actually have it out most of the time and just throw it in now and then when I want to cruise around with a few extra people. People are just too damn cautious now a days. We used to sit in the back of trucks and drove with no seat belts on all the time.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

pretty cool!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JackMac4
this is why this is a bad idea. The front and back seat are designed with a "crush zone" in mind. By putting a rear seat back there that A) has no seatbelts and B) was not designed to be there, you risk anyone sitting in that spot.

Just to illustarte, here's a picture of an accident that happened in front of my office yesterday morning. The guy walked away without a scratch because the crush zone worked on his honda van. His van is DESIGNED for 3rd seat passengers and if he would have had any, they would have been killed. Just imagine how bad it would be if it wasn't even designed for it.

but off ranting, those seats do appear to match well and fit the space nicely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2977768136.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	325303

Yeah but it's all relative. Try getting hit in a 2 door mini. The rear head rests almost touch the glass on the rear window. The jeep is up higher and most cars are going under in.

Quick Reply: JK Ulimited with a third row