Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JTOPSUSA Sun Screen Review

Old 04-30-2020, 10:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply

Originally Posted by resharp001
just to update this thread. I did not reach out directly via company contacts to Mike, but I figured for a small business owner who found a bad review and took time to respond, he might have followed up here on the forum. Nope, registered, submitted 1 post, didn't follow up. I'll stand by my review and everything I've said above. I've resorted to chopping the straps off my top for a different use (extending a RTT tent straps) and will look to install some grommets and use tiny bungee cords to attach....maybe. I doubt I replace my current Spiderweb with this again, but right now I have a $225 piece of nothing I'm trying to find a use for. I'm just really surprised that a small business owner doesn't follow up. Apparently they have enough sales that it doesn't matter. No need to reply here or contact me further.
This is Mike, sorry I did not see your follow up until now. I was doing some Google SEO management and come across your latest post.
I replied and explained that our top is not intended to be used in your configuration. It will not work without roll cage padding or on an altered roll cage. I stated that we would have never recommend it to be installed this way. Every issue is related to not having the OEM roll cage padding. Installed properly the magnets will not come loose or tap on the roll cage. The straps will be the right length. For your configuration Spiderwebshade is the right solution. .
Our never fail warranty covers product that are used in their intended configuration. Unfortunately we can’t take back product that has been alter to fit a configuration we do not support. I apologize if you were looking for a refund or compensation.
We just passed a milestone of 30,000 customers from all over the word. We do make plenty of mistakes but we have built a solid customer base for those looking for an innovative design using very high quality materials. Spiderweb is not without their issues, that is the reason I started JTops in 2013. I wanted a quality product that consisted of more than a $15 piece of square mesh held on with stretchy bungees.
Again I apologize for not responding, I really try to stay off the forums so people can make their own assessments so I did not see your follow up. I could spend my life trying to keep up with all the forums and social media that we are mentioned in every day.
I feel strongly that our worst review is our best review...it makes us work harder as company and build products that are even better so thank you for your feedback.

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA
American Manufactured Products Since 2013

Quick Reply: JTOPSUSA Sun Screen Review