Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

lifetime leds?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifetime leds?

I was curious about this brand Lifetime. I havent heard anything about them and was wondering if any of yall run them or heard any news from them. thanks, here goes a link
http://www.extremeterrain.com/lifeti...000-flood.html
Old 02-01-2014, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Installed a set about 2 weeks ago and the difference in light when driving is quite dramatic.
There has been a lot of talk about them on the Wrangler Forum... and numerous members have installed them.

Lifetime LED h13 lights installed. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Old 02-01-2014, 10:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CharlesS
Installed a set about 2 weeks ago and the difference in light when driving is quite dramatic.
There has been a lot of talk about them on the Wrangler Forum... and numerous members have installed them.

Lifetime LED h13 lights installed. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
the price is alot lower than most so i was kinda skeptical. but the life time warranty is nice .
Old 02-02-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

A lifetime warranty is only good if there's a company standing behind it. I've got a stack of useless warrantys from Twin B and Montgomery-Ward.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls
A lifetime warranty is only good if there's a company standing behind it. I've got a stack of useless warrantys from Twin B and Montgomery-Ward.
That's very true....
I contacted them the other day concerning stray RF from lights getting into my UHF ham radios receive. I was expecting have to wait several days for a response, but received a call from tech support within 10 minutes. I explained to the tech all that I had done to filter the noise out and had determined that the noise was RF comings in thru the electrical system and installing several types of noise filters had little to no results. They offered to send me out a new harness they were working on that may remove the noise.
So far my interaction with them has been good.

Last edited by CharlesS; 02-02-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CharlesS

That's very true....
I contacted them the other day concerning stray RF from lights getting into my UHF ham radios receive. I was expecting have to wait several days for a response, but received a call from tech support within 10 minutes. I explained to the tech all that I had done to filter the noise out and had determined that the noise was RF comings in thru the electrical system and installing several types of noise filters had little to no results. They offered to send me out a new harness they were working on that may remove the noise.
So far my interaction with them has been good.
They are not designed for the jk the led points in the wrong direction.
It points at 10 o'clock and 4 o'clock and not 12 and 6 like it should be.
In order to make them work correctly you have to do some modding which is questionable at best, otherwise the light goes towards the oncoming traffic side of the street.

The another problem is that the rubber ring on the housing is to small causing moisture to get into the housing of your light.
If you go through water or even a car wash you can end up with a problem.

Also high beams do light up but they only light up the ground directly in front of you, they do not improve visibility.

And yes, if you use a cb these can cause a lot of noise, there are others out there trying to mod them for that....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2943359568.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	528292

The light without modification will be hot directly ahead but haze way over to the left

Name:	image-109605033.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	528293

Zip tie mod to correct the position of the led to 12 and 6

Name:	image-2765881390.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	528294

What they look like in the incorrect position

Name:	image-4074180406.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	528295

Moisture in the housing after going through the car wash... The o-ring needs to be bigger and can be purchased at auto retailers...

Name:	image-3111232340.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	528296

Actual light

Name:	image-1424652247.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	528298

Box shot

just a note, I bought mine directly from china, lifetime led is just relabeling as he stated in a email to a member @ the other forum.
These are only made by one factory and 4 places are reselling them to retailers.
these are the same exact thing as lifetime and currently in the same box.

Bottom line - the low beam is great - GREAT
High beam is not there
A lot of modding needs to take place to make it acceptable for jeeps.

I am keeping them in but waiting for a corrected version.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Name:	image-3323054745.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	528302

Here is the corrected light with zip tie mod
Old 02-02-2014, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lifetime LED is located here in TN, when I called up Aurora Lighting about purchasing lights they informed me that he is there TN distributor and that's how I found out about Lifetime LED. He also sells and has displays setup at the Rock Bouncer events all around here and most of the buggies run his lights. As above someone stated about the LED Headlights not turned properly in the jeeps housing. I know personally Olympus offroad has addressed this issue because they fixed a buddys as well as a local club guy here is selling lights and had his manufacture rotate them during assembly to fix it. He can be found on facebook under High Beam Lighting or message him directly @ highbeamlighting@gmail.com

Last edited by sahara4me; 02-02-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

These are High Beam Lighting's. Like others have said, the hi beam is a mirrored lo beam, so doesn't add distance but still doesn't blind people. Stock headlights blind people bc they are pointed DIRECTLY AT ONCOMING CARS. It's ridiculous! Stupid Chrysler.....

Old 02-02-2014, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VolsJK
These are High Beam Lighting's. Like others have said, the hi beam is a mirrored lo beam, so doesn't add distance but still doesn't blind people. Stock headlights blind people bc they are pointed DIRECTLY AT ONCOMING CARS. It's ridiculous! Stupid Chrysler.....
I wonder how bright stock lights would be if the were at the 12 and 6 position?

We just need jk specific h13's when it comes to these or any other led.

Quick Reply: lifetime leds?