Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My Door Hanger idea

Old 09-16-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Door Hanger idea

Like many I would remove my doors and lean them up against the garage, just waiting for the day my kids knock them over. All though there are several door hanger ideas out there and all are great ideas, I don't have any wall space with bikes and racks of various sports gear and tools. I came up with this from another post that had eye bolts mounted on the wall. This gets the doors off and secure and doesn't take up that much space. My hard top panels can also slide in between two of the doors.
This is what I came up with:

The doors do swing a bit but not enough to damage them. I may put some blocks in to keep them separated.

Build list:
2 - 2x6x8
2 - 2x4x8
1 - 4x4x8
4 - Metal "L" Brackets
4 - lockable swivel casters
Various - 2.5" Screws
16 - 1.5" Screws - for casters
8 - 3/8" Eyebolts (shaft size not eyelet)
16 - 3/8" T-Nuts - optional

I will verify the lengths and create a build sheet if anyone is interested.

I will be moving these casters to the front and back not on sides. Its creating a pivot point and allowing the fame to tilt when moving it.

The Eyebolts are larger than the pins as I didn't want to sit there and have to line it up perfectly every time. I am also thinking of Plasti dipping them. The T nuts are optional in the front and you could use a washer, but I liked the idea of the bolt sitting on metal and not wood. Over time it will wear the wood and cause play. The back is secured through the other T nut and the nut that comes on the bolt. Very secure and sturdy.

I also thought of capping the top with another piece of wood as a shelf for other parts and brackets on the back to hang my Soft top when I pull it off.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pictures arent working (might be my fault, on a .gov comp)
Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

I like it... you may want to place a few more boards on the bottom so the freedom panels are up off the ground.

Quick Reply: My Door Hanger idea