Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

New KC HiLiTES 7" LED's

Old 01-18-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KC HiLiTES 7" LED Headlights Write-Up

KCŪ HiLiTES 7" LED Headlights Write-Up

07-14 Jeep Wranglers
Part # 42321
$450 depending on site.

NOTE

This product does not work with Jeep JK Wranglers using Daytime Running Lights, so you will need a programmer to overide the Daytime Running Lights.

Description

KCŪ HiLiTES LED replacement headlights provide a dramatic improvement in lighting performance and night time vision.
State-of-the-art optics and diode technology provide a crisp beam with a wider, more even pattern and a color temperature that closely matches natural daylight.
Solid-state design and rugged construction provides exceptional long life performance.
DOT approved direct replacement with standard H4 3-blade terminals integrated directly into the cast alloy housing.
Proudly made in USA!

My Thoughts

I have now owned my Jeep about 3 years, and I have always been dissapointed in the light quality from the OEM headlights. I have been looking at some of the options available on the forums and websites, and most Jeep owners either upgraded just their bulbs or upgrade to the HID kits. After reading on multiple forums about Jeep owners having issue with flickering due to the canbus system, I started looking in to full headlight replacement options. I came across a posting on KCŪ HiLiTES new H4 upgraded 7" headlight conversion coming out so I decided to contact the KCŪ forum rep. After speaking with him about the new H4 conversions, I decided to order. I had the H4 conversion kit installed for about 3-5 months when I came across a posting for the new KCŪ HiLiTES LED conversion. I was really happy with my H4 upgrades and they performed very well at night, but I was very curious to see how LED's stood up to the competition. I contacted the KCŪ rep and ordered one of the first LED headlight kits on the market. I recieved the headlights about 2 days later and installed that weekend. After the upgrade from to OEM to H4 and now the LED's there is no comparison. The LED's are super white and not yellowish compared to the stock and H4 kit. They also produce a larger amount of light output, so my vision at night was greatly improved. I am extremely happy with the KCŪ HiLiTES LED upgrade and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND these lights to anyone that is wanting to upgrade to some of the best and brightest quality headlights on the market!

The KCŪ HiLiTES LED Headlight Kit Includes.

1 Pair of LED Headlights.
1 Pair of H13 to H4 adapter harnesses. (anti-flicker)
1 AWESOME KCŪ Sticker.

Install time

20-45 minutes.

Rating

EASY!

Tools needed

Flat Head Screwdriver
T10 Torx Screwdriver
Pick Tool
Frosty Beverage

Install Guide

Step 1

Undo the blinker/running lights on grille.

You have two options depending on what you find easier.
Pull red tab, press the harness bottom tab and pull harness.
Twist the light housing and light when come out with harness still attached.

Step 2

Open hood.

On each side of front of hood you will have two latches. You will need to pull back those hood latches on each side for hood to open enough to unlatch hood lever under hood.
Note to Jeep owners that have never owned a Jeep before. There isn't a hood lever to pull inside of Jeep.

Step 3

Remove the 6 black push button tabs on top of grille.

First, take flat head screwdriver and pop at the plastic pin in the tab. (If the entire push button comes out that is fine.)
Second, take pick and gently go under tab to pop out.
Use flat head screwdriver and pick.

Step 4

Gently pull each lower corner of grille and remove.

Behind the grille there are tabs on each corner.
They are also down the lower middle section.
By pulling one or possibly even both lower ends "gently" that will help pull the rest of grille from Jeep.
Place grille aside.

Step 5

Remove both headlights.

Use T10 torx screwdriver. (I've heard some Jeeps have a different size.)
Unscrew the 4 torx screws holding the chrome ring that goes around the actual headlights.
BE AWARE THAT ONCE ALL FOR TORX SCREWS ARE PULLED, THE HEADLIGHT CAN FALL OUT!
Make sure you are holding light in place with one of your hands!

Step 6

Gently pull light out so you can see wiring harness behind.

My harness will be different due to having the KC HiLiTES H4 coversion 7" Headlight upgrade.

Step 7

Pull the red tab out then push the harness tab button and pull wiring harness apart.

Pictures below will illustrate how you your headlight assembly and Jeep should now look.

This is a good time to grab some glass cleaner and wipe the grime off the chrome rings.

Step 8

Grab your new KCŪ HiLiTES LED Headlights and harnesses and attach the yellow three pronged plug in to the back of headlight housing.

Step 9

Install wiring harness back in to the green harness that is hard wired in to the Jeep.

Make sure after attaching harnesses to push back in red tab.

Step 10

Line up the KCŪ headlights and reinstall the chrome rings.

There are 4 little rectangle grooves that match up with the 4 rectangle boxes that will help you line up new KCŪ HiLiTES LED headlights perfectly.
Once you have your headlight lined up, slide back on the chrome ring and start screwing in the 4 torx screws.

Step 11

Check to make sure your low/high beams work!

Step 12

Reinstall Grill.

Line up the lower middle tabs of grille first and the rest should all line up in the correct areas.
Once lined up gently tap in from one side to other and you will see/hear everything go back in to place.
Now that grill is lined up, take the tabs and put back in the 6 holes then take the 6 pins and slide in to the tab holes.
They can only go in one way due to the grooves so don't force.

Step 13

Reinstall the blinkers/running lights harness or lights back in to place.

Step 14

Close hood and latch down.

Congratulations!!! Your new KCŪ HiLiTES LED Headlights are installed and ready to go play in the dark!

Contact Information

Thank you for taking the time to look over my write-up. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask on thread or by PM. Yoe may also contact me at husker.n.az@gmail.com

KCŪ HiLiTES

Leader in Performance LED, HID and Halogen Lighting, LED Light Bars for Off Road Lighting, Mining Lighting, Industrial Lighting - KC HiLiTESŪ
www.facebook.com/kchilites

My Facebook Pages

www.facebook.com/azwranglers
www.facebook.com/husker4x4

Last edited by Hskr4x4; 06-19-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Junkie

error on this post.

Last edited by Hskr4x4; 06-19-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 PM
JK Junkie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...6/#post3813536

^^Battle Royale^^
Old 01-19-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great, wish these were out when I got my crappy trucklites
Old 01-19-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely done write up sir
Old 01-19-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

how do you like them?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie

Love them! Crazy bright!!
Old 01-19-2014, 02:12 PM
JK Junkie

Might have to look into these.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Looks great, wish these were out when I got my crappy trucklites
What is the difference between these and trucklites? From the looks of them them could be the same light maybe from the same manufacturer otherwise there would most likely be a law suit.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Don't get me wrong I like these a lot, they seem to just have a different logo.

I did not take the time to line up the specs.

Quick Reply: New KC HiLiTES 7" LED's