Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Pellegrino Chrysler Jeep

Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pellegrino Chrysler Jeep

So I went to Pellegrino Chrysler Jeep in Woodbury NJ for them to fix my trans leak under warranty, a few hours later they call me and I'm thinking it's done already, here their calling to tell me that Chrysler won't pay ANYTHING thru my warranty due to a "Full Vehicle Restriction" so I ask the guy why? When yesterday he ran my vin# over the phone and everything was okay.... He tells me he don't know and I gotta call Chrysler.... So now I'm confused and upset and start questioning the guy about why a restriction of any kind would be on my jeep. At this point I did have a tone and an attitude but didn't say anything derogatory towards him, he proceeds to ask me "Are you deaf?" "I said CALL CHRYSLER!" So now I was really pissed told him to f*ck off and hung up.... Called dealer back and INSISTED that I speak to the service manager to the operator, she transfers me to the guy I just told to f-off I get his name and Chryslers # and call them. Now this guy tells me the DMV put the restrictions on my Jeeps warranty and I need to call the DMV... Now I'm extremely pissed, i've NEVER heard of the DMV messing with a vehicle warranty so I call bullshit and ask for the guys manager... He tells me "no" he said he was doing a good enough job and in don't need his manager. So I tell him this is a customer service line and im unhappy with ur service I'd like to speak to a manager, he again says "no" so now I ask his full name so I can file a complaint against him and of course he don't wanna give his full name.... I get pissed and just hang up.
At this point I calm down and think, and I dawned on me. When I dropped off the JK and gave em my name a bunch of stuff popped up on his computer. I bought a 2010 JKU Sahara from that dealer in May 2012, and haven't been back to that dealer since. In Aug 2012 I rolled the Sahara and now I have a 2010 JKU Rubicon. It hit me, the dealer never saw my rubi before and yet all that stuff popped up in their computer.... They ran the info for my Sahara, that's why the DMV put a "Full Vehicle Restriction" on the warranty..... The jeep was totaled that they were running the info to! Now when I was a mechanic, if we needed info from the vehicle, we got it off the vehicle or if something funny did happen we double checked our info. So all of this could have been avoided if the ppl at Pellegrino Chrysler Jeep weren't so lazy, all they had to do was check into why the restrictions were there and they woulda saw they were running the wrong vin#. Instead they got an attitude with me and just passed the buck to the next guy and sent me down the line. Now as much as I don't like going to dealers ever, every now and again I need to go there for one thing or the other. Now I feel as if I can't go back to that dealer (even tho I really don't want to) but it's the closest jeep dealer to me, all others are quite a distance away, and now I feel as if their always gonna treat me like crap whenever I go there. I'm now forced to take an hour and a half drive to Lansdale Chrysler Jeep (where I've ALWAYS got good customer service and mechanical service) to get any warranty work done. O well guess this is just a warning for others + a way for me to complain about this.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Log a complaint with Jeep corp. Complaints impact there rating and that impacts the rate that dealers pay Jeep for holding inventory on the lot. Your complaint directly impacts the dealers wallet.

I did this to a dealer (diff brand) when my wife got the "femal who dosnt know cars treatment" and from then on the GM always met her directly (we were clearly flagged in the system).
Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you just gave yourself some additional motivation to drive out to a dealership thats worth driving out to, thats all!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKbender
Log a complaint with Jeep corp. Complaints impact there rating and that impacts the rate that dealers pay Jeep for holding inventory on the lot. Your complaint directly impacts the dealers wallet.

I did this to a dealer (diff brand) when my wife got the "femal who dosnt know cars treatment" and from then on the GM always met her directly (we were clearly flagged in the system).
Really? I guess I can just Google where the complaint dept is? I read about Wayalife having a problem with a dealer and he filed a complaint about them and the dealer harassed him afterwards... I don't plan on going back tho
Old 12-11-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by kbp810
Sounds like you just gave yourself some additional motivation to drive out to a dealership thats worth driving out to, thats all!
Good point!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Terrible, I live in Voorhees and I will make sure I don't go there.

I work in Millville and go to Lilliston Jeep. Its a long drive but the service is always great.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil

Really? I guess I can just Google where the complaint dept is? I read about Wayalife having a problem with a dealer and he filed a complaint about them and the dealer harassed him afterwards... I don't plan on going back tho
For us it worked out good. How I made my complaint was a direct call to the district manager of the brand. Call a diferent dealer and ask for the name and number of that person. When asked why just tell them you are having a warranty dispute with another dealer and they refuse to provide the requested info. Dealers are cut-throught so they will always help you screw the other guy. Sad but true.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just another view of things

Why not try to set up a meeting with the General Manager and go thru the issue? I'm sure that he would rather hear it from you than a suit at corporate, give him a chance to straighten it out before giving up and if that fails nuke'm. Lets face it everyone has a bad day and can react to negative input perhaps not in the best way. You found out how this came to be let him make a judgement. Sounds like it started with probably a Jeep software program that seaches by name and someone read the first (only) line and went off on you. Even though you have a Jeep and can go anywhere it's probably better not to burn bridges if not necessary Grasshopper
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rt2
Why not try to set up a meeting with the General Manager and go thru the issue? I'm sure that he would rather hear it from you than a suit at corporate, give him a chance to straighten it out before giving up and if that fails nuke'm. Lets face it everyone has a bad day and can react to negative input perhaps not in the best way. You found out how this came to be let him make a judgement. Sounds like it started with probably a Jeep software program that seaches by name and someone read the first (only) line and went off on you. Even though you have a Jeep and can go anywhere it's probably better not to burn bridges if not necessary Grasshopper
Ur absolutely right, everyone does have a bad day now and again, but it's no reason to be little a customer.... They did fix my jeep and for free under warranty, now I'm just afraid that if I go back to them their gonna recognize my jk and do something..... Now I know they can't damage it in any way but they can inconvenience me by keeping it overnight when they don't have to or something like that..... I've had problems before with their service dept when I had my old jeep, and im just done with them.... A buddy of mine, who is also on jkf "Tyreelp" goes there all the time and gets great service and he recommends them.... Everyone will have their own experience.... This was just mine.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rt2
You are right, don't go over their head unless absolutely necessary. Call and ask to speak to the dealer principal and explain what happened, he will deal with the service manager and you will likely get an apology.

The DP will take it seriously and fix it. Worst case I'm wrong and you can call Chrysler and lodge a complaint.

Quick Reply: Pellegrino Chrysler Jeep