Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Raingler Partition Net

Old 06-02-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raingler Partition Net

I just installed the Raingler partition net for the dog. I tried a few different combinations and I think this is the best one. The bottom straps threaded though the seat belt mounts. It's a little difficult to thread, but it can be done. The seat mounting rings are no good since they move with the seat, and the net does not stretch. :-) The top mounts can be mounted in front or behind the cross beam, but it's much better behind - just about the seat belt mounts. This prevents the seat from pushing against the net. The side mounts are a different story. No good places exist, unless to extend the straps and pass them _through_ the carpeting, to mount them to the door latch reinforcement. Here's what the whole thing looks like:

js.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Might as well show my dog too... :-)

Here's Pete, a Chesapeake Bay Retriever from Shelbourne ON, Canada. One of the reasons we bought a 4-door JK was to haul around all the launchers, etc. needed to train him for field work. He's also a good sled dog leader and we bring him along our canoe camping trips. All in all, this JK is much better than our usual minivan rentals. :-) Well, except for that stall bug...

Last edited by jsmoriss; 06-03-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Fixed img URL...
Old 06-03-2007, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the post. The net system looks pretty good.
And your dog is beautiful.
I was looking into getting this but after seeing your pics I can see it won't work for my smaller dog.
My German Shepard could be contained great by it but the Pomeranian would still be able to slip through the sides. I can't figure out how to block the sides so he can't get through.
Thanks for the pics...it helped answer my questions about the dog net.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default ?Quality?

I just ordered the Raingler roof net... My hope is that I can put it over the second row (4-door) and have my sons store their crap on trips there between the net and the Freedom top.
How is the quality?

(nice looking dog.)
Old 06-04-2007, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shhog
I just ordered the Raingler roof net... My hope is that I can put it over the second row (4-door) and have my sons store their crap on trips there between the net and the Freedom top.
How is the quality?
Excellent quality straps, hardware and sewing. I would recommend the nets to anyone. In fact, I'll be getting a net to cover items in the expedition style roof rack (soon to be installed).

Originally Posted by shhog
(nice looking dog.)
Thanks! :-)

js.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Strap and Carabiner Combo

BTW, if anyone is interested in finding those strap + carabiner combo, they are made by DRDCorp at http://www.drdcorp.com/handy-hooker/...ker_straps.htm and come in various lengths / strengths (300 and 700 lbs). The ones pictured are the 700 lbs model. I bought a bunch of different lengths and use 'em in a variety of ways.

No association with the company, just thought I'd mention that it's a handy product. :-)

js.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Anyone know where you can get inexpensive cargo netting you can cut to size? I like the look of the netting but I don't want to pay Raingler prices for it. I also think mine would look better with an OD green or cammo type netting. I was also thinking netting to go over the door area but just half way. If I find some and do it I will post pics and do a writeup however it is not on the top 3 mods to do list yet so it might be a little while unless i find some cheap netting and pick it up.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Anyone know where you can get inexpensive cargo netting you can cut to size? I like the look of the netting but I don't want to pay Raingler prices for it. I also think mine would look better with an OD green or cammo type netting. I was also thinking netting to go over the door area but just half way. If I find some and do it I will post pics and do a writeup however it is not on the top 3 mods to do list yet so it might be a little while unless i find some cheap netting and pick it up.
http://www.usnetting.com/ try here they might have what you are looking for ... they have a wide variety of different type of netting... not sure of how it compares in price with raingler nets... hope that helps good luck
Old 06-04-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-RUBIJON
http://www.usnetting.com/ try here they might have what you are looking for ... they have a wide variety of different type of netting... not sure of how it compares in price with raingler nets... hope that helps good luck
Thanks, It helps now to decide what I want and how much I need to do the job. It might not work out cheaper so I may not do it. I am gonna go by the Surplus store next time I am down that way and see if he has any and how much. Better yet there is a guy at the flea market where I set up shop sometimes which is closer but only open weekends.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

cool... post pics if you decide to do it...

Quick Reply: Raingler Partition Net