Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

SkyJacker 2.5 lift with Nitro Shocks - Install tips and tricks

Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SkyJacker 2.5 lift with Nitro Shocks - Install tips and tricks

I know the included instructions are fine, but it can't help to have a few tips before you install. Some, and possibly most, of these tips will apply to most lift kits.

1. Ensure you have all the right tools and equipment before you start. Have extra wrenches the same sizes as the required sockets
2. Ensure all parts on the parts list are actually there in the box
3. Have a crow bar and a vise handy and borrow or rent a compressor and air tools if you don't have them.
4. Have a second person there to help out if at all possible
5. When you install the front springs, tape the bump stop extensions to the inside of the springs and then install them after the springs are in place
6. When installing the shocks, use an extra jack to adjust the height of the axel instead of trying to compress the shock
7. When re-attaching the track bar, it helps to have someone turn the steering wheel while you use a crowbar to help align the holes. Have the track bar bolt right there at the hole ready to go in as soon as the holes align.
8. When drilling the holes remember to oil the drill bit as you are drilling. I used WD-40.
9. Mark all the holes you plan on drilling with a metal punch
10. A vise and large socket helps when assembling the rear shocks.
11. Install the dust covers on the rear shocks FIRST in the assembly process.
12. Secure the dust covers with zip ties after you have the shocks installed.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks JEEPHROG. I know for sure that it will help.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the help
I wasn't sure if I were crazy
I've had other Jeeps and on my JK the lift my local off road shop installed had no zip ties on the shocks or the stabilizer and I had thought that they should have as the other Jeeps I've owned.
I have had nothing but trouble with my Off Road shop
They are retarded and have no business running that type of shop,seriously nothing but problems for about a year now on many issues
Well off to look and find a new off road shop

Thanks for your help,going right now to install the zip ties,bought them last night

Quick Reply: SkyJacker 2.5 lift with Nitro Shocks - Install tips and tricks