Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Soft Top Window Storage on the go

Old 03-15-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Window Storage on the go

Hey Folks,

JK (Forum and 2011 JKU Sahara Owner) Newbie here, I am not new to the Jeep brand but I am new to the Wrangler line.

I'm curious to know how you store, protect, package and transport your soft top quarter windows and rear window when removed in such a way that you can take them with you. I've seen a handfull of products on www.allthingsjeep.com as well as some other sites, so I'd like to know if any of these products are worth it, and if so which ones are better than others and why. ...or if you have your own solution, I'd love to hear it. IMHO, spending a little money is worth it to protect the windows compared to the cost to replace them if they get damaged.

Thanks in advance. In only a day and a half I've learned a ton from this forum (mainly about headliners and to watch my oil consumption!). Just ordered my Hothead Headliners after returning the ones I ordered from Rugged Ridge.

Happy Trails!
Markus

Last edited by FLYMRY; 03-15-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Lui
JK Enthusiast

Clover patch window roll is the one I'm eyeing to spend money on, but I've also been considering purchasing felt material and making my own if it comes out cheap enough.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Using the cloverpatch pictures, I made my own with fleece some straps from the $1 and some Kway materials to make it waterproof. Only cost $10 to make although you have to be a little skilled with a sewing machine. About a two hour job.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default window covers

I just went out and bought some (gray)fleece blankets from walmart. $7 I think I paid for them. I roll the back window up in one, and the side windows I cover each window by folding the blanket in half over the front and back. I just throw them in the back of the Jeep. Works great and no scratches. If you wanted to get crafty with the sowing machine and make slip covers with them, it's all you.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just purchased grey fleece at a fabric store.
I beleive it was 3 yards that was enough fold all three windows in flat.
Then roll em up and place them in the back.
I think I paid about $12 at most for it, no sewing.
I store them for the winter in the fleece too when I have hard top on.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

You have an unlimited, so why not just lay them in the back. Thats what I do. Lay the side windows down first, then the rear. Finally take an old towel and wrap the rear cross bar and lay it over everything to weight it down.

You'll be good
Old 03-19-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Clover patch for me. I like it. The rolled up windows go inside a duffle tube and clip to the roll bars resting atop the folded top. Clean and easy.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Clover patch works

x 2 on the Clover Patch. I dont have the time to fashion something up, which I am sure would not be too hard and even easier if you could sow.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by FLYMRY
Hey Folks,

JK (Forum and 2011 JKU Sahara Owner) Newbie here, I am not new to the Jeep brand but I am new to the Wrangler line.

I'm curious to know how you store, protect, package and transport your soft top quarter windows and rear window when removed in such a way that you can take them with you. I've seen a handfull of products on www.allthingsjeep.com as well as some other sites, so I'd like to know if any of these products are worth it, and if so which ones are better than others and why. ...or if you have your own solution, I'd love to hear it. IMHO, spending a little money is worth it to protect the windows compared to the cost to replace them if they get damaged.

Thanks in advance. In only a day and a half I've learned a ton from this forum (mainly about headliners and to watch my oil consumption!). Just ordered my Hothead Headliners after returning the ones I ordered from Rugged Ridge.

Happy Trails!
Markus
I really don't think it's a matter of what you use to store them. It can pretty much be anything as people here have shown. But it's more of a matter of making sure you don't just take them off and roll them up in whatever you decide to use. If you do and there is even a trace of dirt on them you run the risk of scratching the hell out of them. Take the time to make sure they are clean, and even if you just use a blanket or towels, you should be good to go.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Jeep roll up for the soft windows, works great I've had it for 3+ yrs.
The interleaves help protect teh windows and you can lay the bag flat or roll it up.

+1 on making sure their clean

Quick Reply: Soft Top Window Storage on the go