Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Soundbar Gunrack

Old 11-29-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sin52
Nice. One step closer to being ready for zombie attacks.
Lol or duck season
Old 11-29-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kuffaar
Lol or duck season
Or attacks from zombie ducks!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

very nice!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Five1
Not sure about laws in NC, but as long as its not loaded, you shouldn't have a problem. Conceiled carry laws apply to pistols, not rifles and shotguns.
Here in Ohio they did their best to make carrying a rifle almost illegal, no matter where in the car it was. Definitely check your local laws, then if you're so inclined, actually check and see if there have been any "test" cases. You can guess at what a law means, but until someone has won or lost a case with it no one can really say a duck is a duck.

Or, if you can't see it.....

It's a shame this won't work with a hard top, I had been meaning to look at exactly this type of setup.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
jjt
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sburggsx
Here in Ohio they did their best to make carrying a rifle almost illegal, no matter where in the car it was. Definitely check your local laws, then if you're so inclined, actually check and see if there have been any "test" cases. You can guess at what a law means, but until someone has won or lost a case with it no one can really say a duck is a duck.

Or, if you can't see it.....

It's a shame this won't work with a hard top, I had been meaning to look at exactly this type of setup.
Me too, I could actually keep a beater AR in the Jeep. But I have a 2 door hardtop so I'm out of luck.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

anybody do this with a hard top?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is awesome
Old 12-16-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eellis327
anybody do this with a hard top?
No this will not work with a hard top but I am looking into ways to make one that will put the firearm ontop and out the way of hitting ones head on it. and I also believe this only works for the 4 door models I will keep y'all posted.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
It will not work with the hard top at all, and i have no other ideas for a hard top yet but im thinking

Buy your self a saddle scabbard....I use this idea from another member for my hardtop.

Originally Posted by Bert338
Ok, here is my set up using a saddle scaber.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinamjr
I'd be interested in getting a forum member's opinion who is in law enforcement, because this could get tricky as far as concealed weapon laws go... Basically, a space has been modified to hold a weapon and it's within reach of the driver.

I can't qoute the law, because each state is different... But for the record, I'm not knocking the mod because I think it's great.
in virginia we can open carry legally so this would be perfectly legal here, however i don't believe that north carolina is an open carry state, so the best thing you could do is get a concealed weapons permit and i don't think you would have a problem, although i personally wouldn't consider this particular setup to be concealed, or readily accessible and if it were unloaded i would like to think that no one would give you any crap unless you were being an @$$....here is a pretty informative link for you that i use when travelling to other states to determine their basic gun laws....

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

here is the info they have concerning north carolina, with a pretty lengthy writeup about car carry actually.....

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/northcarolina.pdf

this writeup is directly from north carolina's department of justice website, page 22 has info about carrying in a car and directly references long guns....

http://www.ncdoj.com/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx

after reading this it seems to me this particular setup would fall in a gray area where you takes your chances, reference my earlier don't be an @$$ comment....personally i would do it and not think twice about it...if i were pulled over i would be very open an honest to the officer and inform that it's unloaded, might even go a step further and put a trigger lock on it to prove it's inaccessability....

Last edited by JKJeremy; 12-17-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Soundbar Gunrack