Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Sprint Booster Install

Old 03-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried installing the Sprint Booster today, but to no avail! It took me about 15 minutes just to get in a position that I could even see and get my hands up there to disconnect the gas pedal plug...what a PITA!
I ended up giving up, as light was fading.
Am I missing something? Any suggestions on how to do this?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratso
I tried installing the Sprint Booster today, but to no avail! It took me about 15 minutes just to get in a position that I could even see and get my hands up there to disconnect the gas pedal plug...what a PITA!
I ended up giving up, as light was fading.
Am I missing something? Any suggestions on how to do this?
Im on my phone so Im not sure how to post the link but google project jk sprint booster install. Its what I followed and provides easy access to the pedal plug.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default SprintBooster not working !!!

Just "tried" installing the sprintbooster on a manual 6sp
2 door 2008 JK. Put the key in the ignition, without turning it at all and left the door open for 5 minutes as per instructions.... disconnected stock plug and plugged it into the Booster and the booster into the accelerator
inlet. Problems: 1) engine light is ON
2) start engine and it surges to 2.5k RPM's, and remains there, pressing the gass pedal has no affect.
3) Sprintbooster button not lit nor responsive.

Turned off engine and disconnected device, reconnected stock, all back to normal, engine light off and gas pedal responsive.

tried the installation again, thinking that maybe the instructions mean to put the key in turn it while still in the off position, b4 the bells and dash light come on with the door open.
BUT had the same result.

WHAT AM I doing WRONG?? I can't be the only one that has experienced this problem?? Is it a bad Unit?
Bought from Quadratec, correct model for manual trans etc...

any suggestions?
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd check all the pins and make doubly sure one isn't bent or broken.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default Problem

Well to the one guy that has it rev to 2500. You connected it to the pedal backwards. I did the same thing. I figured who needed instructions haha. But now I'm having the problem where it won't change off of a green light. It just stays on wont even turn off. Any ideas

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Install