Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Thule ski rack on 2012 2 door Rubi

Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thule ski rack on 2012 2 door Rubi

So I used the fit guide on Thule's site to find out exactly what I need to get a snowboard rack on my Rubi and ordered everything they said to get. It ended up being the clamps that go on the rain gutters and crossbars. But looking at it now I just don't see how these clamps will work if the gutter just goes over the front windows. I feel like at least one of the crossbars should be over the back part of the hard top. Anybody with any experience in this please give me some insight because i am truly lost here.

Also i know they make artificial gutters, but if the fit guide said I didnt need them, i really feel like i shouldn't have to drill anything.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the foot pack is 300 I believe? You have to get the foot pack mounts for the rear (for a hardtop) the gutter mounts then mounts to those. I ran it awhile just up front, front gutter to rear of gutter, looks out of place but worked with no issues on 175cm skis, I'm not so sure if you use a Thule box if it'll work tho

Quick Reply: Thule ski rack on 2012 2 door Rubi