Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Turn signal lever

Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to have mine replaced. It would blink all day instead of three times. Then if you pushed the switch the other direction it would blink on that side forever. The only way to stop it was to pull back, which flashes the high beams. By this time the guy in front of you was sure you were fawking with him...

The new one works as advertised...
Old 03-09-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i knew about the quick blinking thing since i got the jeep lol nice FYI on the radio but my signal switch has stuck a few times and then you freak out because you people around you are like wtf is he doing?! but it hasn't done that in a while
Old 03-09-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I must be the only one who HATES this feature ... when I use my blinker and then manually turn if off, it all too often overcorrects and starts blinking the other way for a moment. Hate it ...
Old 03-09-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortbuss
The left hand knob on the radio turns up the volume and shuts it off. FYI.
No SH!T, I thought it was for the head light fluid
Old 03-09-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cmcginnes
I must be the only one who HATES this feature ... when I use my blinker and then manually turn if off, it all too often overcorrects and starts blinking the other way for a moment. Hate it ...
Exactly. I'm OK with the lane-change feature, although I learned many years ago how to press the stalk partway to get a few lane-change flashes. But a side effect of this 'blink 3 times at a touch' deal is that it blinks to the opposite direction when you manually shut off the full blinker.

Drove me crazy the first time this happened. I had signaled a left turn then decided not to turn because of a long line of oncoming traffic. It must have made the guy behind me wonder WTF I was doing ... left signal, right signal, left signal, right signal ... as I tried to shut the damn thing off.

The second time it happened: Lesson learned.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is the german influence in the designing.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

i've known about it for a while now and it still pisses me off. i can turn my own signals on and off, thanks.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by as0l0
also good for exiting roundabouts.
Roundabouts? Tell us who has the right-of-way entering and we will know where you live.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

I love this feature. All my Audi's had it and I was psyched to see some of the German engineering leaked into Jeep. Very useful feature.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Freak

Yup, I too hate the 'over-correction blink'

I've over corrected the over correction... and then I look like some @$$hole on the road.

that being said, over all I do like the 3 blink...

Quick Reply: Turn signal lever