Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Warn Rock Sliders

Old 08-24-2007, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn Rock Sliders

Just wondering if there are any write ups (with pics) for the installation of the Warn Rock Sliders? Mine should be here any day and I want to make sure that I get it right. If no write ups, I will make sure to document my experience (with photos).
Old 08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nobody huh? Ok, I will forge my way through it and try to post a write up. Wish me luck.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warn installation

The instructions are pretty good. I have them on mine. You need to get a drill 3/8" with a pretty sharp bit.

Test fit the rail to the side of the jeep and mark the holes.

In the body seam, the two holes for the rear of the rail (on each side) have to be drilled (new holes) and the second and fourth hole have to be widened by drilling. I painted the holes with black spray paint to resist rust.

Then, place the nuts in the rectangular hole in the body, there are two nuts on metal "stalks" that you hold there while putting the bolts in. This is for the part that sticks under the body. Then you just bolt the rails to the holes in the seam. I used two 1/2" box end wrenches, there is very little room in there.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just finished the install

Title says it all. I just finished the install. For once, the instructions were actually pretty good. Other than the minimal space to work with in tightening the bolts, it was fairly easy.

I did not realize the the Warn sliders were a pinch seam and body mount. I was concerned at first, but after the install, it is very solid with great protection. I think they look great and give the JK a finished look. I will get pictures tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azbronco
Title says it all. I just finished the install. For once, the instructions were actually pretty good. Other than the minimal space to work with in tightening the bolts, it was fairly easy.

I did not realize the the Warn sliders were a pinch seam and body mount. I was concerned at first, but after the install, it is very solid with great protection. I think they look great and give the JK a finished look. I will get pictures tomorrow.
Yeah, I was skeptical about how strong they were, but I put a hydraulic jack under one slider and it lifted the whole side of the vehicle up, and didn't even flex one bit! Plus they saved my rockers from some hard hits a couple of times last weekend on some tough rocky trails.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Pics

Well, here are the pics of the Warn rock sliders. As mentioned above, they are extremely solid and look great. It was good to hear that there has been some trail experience with the protection (Armycop) and they held up. The last pic is of the mounting point under the jeep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JK 006 (Small).jpg
Views:	511
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	3016

Name:	JK 007 (Small).jpg
Views:	604
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	3017

Name:	JK 008 (Small).jpg
Views:	864
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	3018

Name:	JK 009 (Small).jpg
Views:	955
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	3019

Name:	JK 010 (Small).jpg
Views:	534
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	3020

In all, there were 6 mounting points along the pinch weld and 2 under the Jeep for each slider. A ratchet wrench set worked fine. I was going to post a write up and how to, but the instructions were self explanatory (even for a non mechanic like me). Absolutely no wiggle or flex to them at all. I even went to the point of standing on them and bouncing up and down...nothing. All in all, I am very happy and the wife loves the look of them. I will update after the first trail run (this Saturday).
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Those are sweet man, but I think I want to build my own - I do appreciate the pics of the mounts though; I'll need to copy the way those work...

-Ferg

Quick Reply: Warn Rock Sliders