Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

White stain on new bumpers

Old 05-20-2018, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default White stain on new bumpers

Brand new 2018 wrangler JK. I’ve noticed white staining on a lot of the black bumpers. Any idea how to get rid of it.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

It is UV damage.

Armorall Trim and Plastic Restorer works really well when used liberally.

When it stated happening on my Jeep I used it about every two months for about a year. Each time I used about a half a bottle to do the whole Jeep. Haven't used it in about 2 years now, and my fenders still look new.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks like wax. That close to the painted surface it's most likely wax the dealer lot prep folks used. Try a soft brus with some simple green. Then use some 303 uv protectant.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Certainly looks like wax. The armor all product is nice but it wears off with water. I've tried every variety of "black plastic restoring" and they all suck. I do turtle wax ice (liquid) on the flares. It functions as a wax so it repels water instead of leaving water streaks down the flares. All of the protection without the chalky white you're seeing there.

Quick Reply: White stain on new bumpers