Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Wrangler Ultimate Dash Cam build and Mini0906 Dual Dash Cam details

Old 07-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Keep at it. I'm interested in the results.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

So I was shopping around for a waterproof case on Amazon and it seems they make an optional waterproof rear cam for $20. Therefore I will permanently mount this underneath and connect the long cable to it, which I will then conned to the cam which I will mount to the rear roll bar when the Hard top is off.

https://www.amazon.com/Blueskysea-Waterproof-Rear-View-Camera/dp/B077TN1LLN/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530841152&sr=1-3&keywords=Waterproof+Rear+View+Camera+for+Mini+0906Mini 0906 waterproof rear camera

Heck, I was originally thinking I would move the rear cam off from the rear glass mount to either under the Jeep or to the roll bar location facing forward. For $20 each, I'm just going to purchase 2 additional rear cams and leave them mounted so I don't have to worry about moving them when taking the top off. I'll just leave one mounted onto the rear glass when I take the top off, and then mount one in the roll bar location and one under the Jeep and just decide which one I want to connect depending on what I'm doing. If going offroad, then just connect the one mounted outside and underneath, while daily driving connect the rear cam which is mounted to the roll bar facing inside.

I know this is likely getting confusing, but it's straight in my mind and once I post the mounting location diagram it should make more sense. I'm just thrilled they sell additional rear cams for this system which come in a waterproof enclosure and only cost 20 bucks a pop.

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-16-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Hahaha... well, the only one that needs to understand it is you! I'll wait for your diagrams!
Old 07-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I took the top off to do a majority of the wiring to be able to run wires underneath the roll cage padding.
I posted pics of the cam mounting locations.
I also updated the parts list information.

I'm getting close to wrapping the install up. I'm currently waiting on the 2 waterproof cams and some more 3-wire connectors since I was short with the original 10 that I ordered.

With the top off, the last couple days while working on this have been hell. My garage doesn't have enough space to work since I have the hard top hanging up in it and the rain has been on and off for the past 2 days where it seems like every time I pull the Jeep out of the garage to work on it, then it starts raining, as soon as I back it into the garage to get it out of the rain, then the rain stops. It went on like this back and forth for the entire day yesterday. Finally, it stopped raining around 12:00 at night and I ended up working on this until 5am to make hay while the sun wasn't shining. A couple things I needed to do in the day light the next day, it hadn't rained all morning and AS SOON as I pull the Jeep out of the garage and get some tools out, it starts raining again. I'm like WTF!? REALLY!?
Old 07-16-2018, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Hahahaha... that sounds like a circus!

Quick Reply: Wrangler Ultimate Dash Cam build and Mini0906 Dual Dash Cam details