Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

*REMINDER* Rudy's BBQ JKnight 8/22 6pm!

Old 08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawb77
Well maybe in October (when the weather is cooler) we can do a Galveston run.

Earlier this year we did a ride from Crystal Beach, to Bolivar, to Sabine pass and came out right there by Port Arthur.

Since it will be cooler then...there's always the possibility of making it a 2 day trip. Drive up the beach, camp, then drive back down to Galveston the next day.

Thoughts?
No thought needed...sounds awesome! I wonder if i can crash in the back of the unlimited? maybe I am short enough?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This particular beach run out to sabine pass has 3 mud pits, and everchanging terrain from sandy, to rocky, to washed out roads, to grassy areas. Its a real trip and since you cant get past the first mud pit without a 4x4, its not heavily traversed since Ike washed the roads and everything away. Now its a playground.

Would be fun to do like... The weekend before Halloween or something.

I'll make a post tomorrow and see what people think and maybe put a poll up for dates and whatnot. I'll talk to EmbarkChief (Kevin) also, would hate to plan something he cant be there for.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawb77
This particular beach run out to sabine pass has 3 mud pits, and everchanging terrain from sandy, to rocky, to washed out roads, to grassy areas. Its a real trip and since you cant get past the first mud pit without a 4x4, its not heavily traversed since Ike washed the roads and everything away. Now its a playground.

Would be fun to do like... The weekend before Halloween or something.

I'll make a post tomorrow and see what people think and maybe put a poll up for dates and whatnot. I'll talk to EmbarkChief (Kevin) also, would hate to plan something he cant be there for.
Count it, I'm in! Just give some heads up like 2 weeks out in advance so i can get the weekend off, sadly i work weekends and need permission.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Count it, I'm in! Just give some heads up like 2 weeks out in advance so i can get the weekend off, sadly i work weekends and need permission.
I know exactly how you feel. I work every other weekend and I'm on call 24/7. I can't plan at 4pm when I'm leaving the office If I have to go back on the clock an hour later at 5.

Nice thing is that with every other weekend off...this is a good time to do Jeeping stuff.

I'll go make the post right now and just move the conversation over there.

Consider this thread closed.

Quick Reply: *REMINDER* Rudy's BBQ JKnight 8/22 6pm!