JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Lone Star State (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/lone-star-state-47/)
-   -   Any Austin JK'rs in the 620 / 4 points area?? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/lone-star-state-47/any-austin-jkrs-620-4-points-area-68497/)

08JKWrangler 01-14-2009 07:08 AM

Any Austin JK'rs in the 620 / 4 points area??

Thinking about having a 1" M.O.R.E. body lift party...

IPvFletch 01-14-2009 11:02 AM

What are the four points?

I live just south of Bee Caves off Hwy 290, and would be up for an install party. I am planning a 2.5" coil lift and new boots, but I think I should wait until after I send some more money to Uncle Sam in March/April for that, so in the mean time I will focus on a bumper bar and rock rails, and who knows what else...

Anyways, I'd be up for this, let me know when this is going down..

BTW, how you like the 3rd row? It is mostly for kids, right? I have been itching to try something like that. I understand there's like 4 or 8 bolts you need to drill holes for and that is about it, right? Or was yours totally customers?

Kevin

08JKWrangler 01-14-2009 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by IPvFletch (Post 890094)
What are the four points?

I live just south of Bee Caves off Hwy 290, and would be up for an install party. I am planning a 2.5" coil lift and new boots, but I think I should wait until after I send some more money to Uncle Sam in March/April for that, so in the mean time I will focus on a bumper bar and rock rails, and who knows what else...

Anyways, I'd be up for this, let me know when this is going down..

BTW, how you like the 3rd row? It is mostly for kids, right? I have been itching to try something like that. I understand there's like 4 or 8 bolts you need to drill holes for and that is about it, right? Or was yours totally customers?

Kevin

Four points is where 2222 and 620 intersect - just north of Lake Travis. I just finished my 2" budget boost and next up are a set of 35's in a week or so. After that I plan to install the body lift to ensure I have a full 3" to handle the 35" tires. It will be a few weeks. I'll let you know.

The 3rd row is great. Yes, it requires some drilling and heavy duty bolts attached to the tub but it is quickly removable and the kids love it. I have 4 kids and with the 3rd row seat we can now go on road trips with the Jeep.

neopj3 01-15-2009 06:39 AM

I'd be happy to lend my mechanic's skills and help a fellow Jeeper out.:thumbsup: Just let me know when and where. I hope to see ya'll at the monthly meeting in FEB at BONE DADDIES.

IPvFletch 01-20-2009 04:23 PM

I think that is 4-points, no??

I'm from SW Austin so I don't know wtf Four Points, but I thought it was up North..

So any idea when/if this is happening 08JKWrangler?? Anyone else got some goodies they are itching to install? I think I can come up with something by then surely.. :D :D

neopj3 01-21-2009 05:59 AM

why not have an install party this weekend? give a chance to say hi to each other:thumbsup:

nuge 01-23-2009 07:52 AM

i work at steiner ranch steakhouse, so im up there everyday. what color is your jeep?

08JKWrangler 02-04-2009 09:22 AM

Sorry Guys. I got the kit in the mail and was itching to get it installed so I jumped right in to the project.

Within the last few weeks I installed a 2" superlift, shocks, 1" M.O.R.E. bodylift, 15" Crager Soft 8's (and yes I had to grind the calipers); hub centric rings; and 35" BFG KM2's.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

08JKWrangler 02-04-2009 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by nuge (Post 908560)
i work at steiner ranch steakhouse, so im up there everyday. what color is your jeep?

I live in Steiner... Be on the lookout for a white 4dr with 35" BFG KM2's and black wheels..

What about you?