Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

any one in the san angelo area

Old 03-08-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one in the san angelo area

I just moved here and I know the buttes is a good spot but I don't know the trails. Who wants to show me around? Any good Jeep clubs in the area? When is the next ride?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000Z3M
I just moved here and I know the buttes is a good spot but I don't know the trails. Who wants to show me around? Any good Jeep clubs in the area? When is the next ride?
It's supposed to rain tonight/tomorrow so I'll be heading out there either tomorrow or Saturday. Only gone once for a few minutes. Wasn't really much for trails as far as I saw. Basically just a good spot to get muddy and do a couple minor water crossings. Other than that closest spot I've been able to find is about 3 hours away. There are a couple trips coming up next weekend and the following. PM me if you want to go to the Buttes, we can trade numbers. I work until roughly 4:30 tomorrow. I have a strong winch and a heavy duty tow strap if we need it.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

The buttes are usually closed after any good rain. They don't want the area getting torn up too badly. If there isn't too much more tonight it might be open tomorrow although I'm betting Sunday is most likely the earliest day they will open it back up.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guess we are the only two in San Angelo. Although I'm only in town for a couple more weeks and then I'll be leaving for good. I've seen a few JKs around town, including one I saw a while ago that was rocking some massive rubber.

Quick Reply: any one in the san angelo area