Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Beach time.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Beach time.

I'm planning going to the Padre National Seashore the second weekend in Aug. I have the whole week off, so I could leave anytime after the 8th. Anybody interested?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

I'd like to make the trip with you but my daughter is visiting from Ohio and I doubt I'm going to get her into 4-wheelin.

I camp on the National Seashore several times a year. I tow a Jayco Baya with JK Rubi 4-door. We usually head down about 15-20 miles so that we can camp with little or no people around. Mostly fisherman are there during the day but it's pretty quiet at night. Occasionally we see some "visitors" from the south arriving in the U.S. illegally.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

hey, markp_satx, do you have a map of approx. where you camp? i just got back from corpus last night and was wondering where some good places would be to go down on the coast.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
hey, markp_satx, do you have a map of approx. where you camp? i just got back from corpus last night and was wondering where some good places would be to go down on the coast.
There's not really a map once you get on to the National Seashore. There are mile markers along the way and you have to have 4-wheel drive once you pass the 5-mile marker I think. It's all open beach camping so I look for enough room between the high tide water level and the sand dunes.

Here's the link to the NPS site for more information about the National Seashore http://www.nps.gov/pais/.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Some folks like to camp at the 15 mile sign, where the cut to go inland is. There was a Ford F-250 4X4 stuck in it last time I was down. A TJ winched him out.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:34 AM
JK Newbie

Talking Hello SATX JEEPERS

I love that spot your talking about ie..(National Seashore) I camped out there before, but not yet with my new JK. Can't wait to go again, the fishing is not bad either. There is coulpe of friends and I are heading down to Port Aranas to stay, and planned on making a trip out to Big Shell. 2 TJ's 33" and 37" and a Scout 35" I think and my JK (hopefully not still stock). The women do want to sleep outside this time, so thats the plan. Sept 14,15 and 16. Good to see SA JKs out there, and last thing advice on where to go around here to get the best price on new shoes and wheels?Lift? Live Oak Area.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

I've been wanting to make that trip for a while. One of the reasons I (finally) got a Jeep.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Big Bend is on my to do list as well.

Quick Reply: Beach time.