Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Big Bend New Years 2012 (Jan 5-8)

Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked the calendar, this is a no go for me... If it was the week before we'd be in for sure...
Old 11-30-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOVEMBER 30: LAST CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS ON THIS TRIP.

I realize it's still 5-weeks away, but there's a special use permit that everyone has to get for the Black Gap Wilderness Area.

We're wheeling/camping the first two nights (Jan 5-6) in Big Bend National Park, but the last night (Jan 7) will be spent in Black Gap WMA.

The permit is cheap ($13), but takes up to a month to process. Every individual is required to obtain a permit. That includes passengers. If you don't hear from me soon about details on the permit, please contact me. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default I'm interested

Funny I was already planning a trip to Big Bend this year from 3rd to the 11th with family so I'm sure they won't mind if I come hang out with you guys a couple of days. Please add me to the list as I'll be there!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered my permit for the trip today. I did read on the site that if you print your reciept and carry it with you, it would work in place of the permit if you haven't recieved it in the mail before we go.

Last years trip was great! Matt knows the area well, and has done all the pre-planning hard work for us.

Tom
Old 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Permit came in the mail today... Scary fast! Looks just like a fishing license.. I wonder if you could just buy it at walmart?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you pencil me in, it looks like I can get the required permit at any hunting lic vendor. If not then I'll get the Annual Hunting permit. It cost more, but will be worth it, so I can take my son hunting. Cheers
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Imrahil
In the picture is the stock Rubi and the stock Xterra. Both handled everything really well. You will not have a problem with a stock JK.

It was a great time last year, and really sad that I can't make it this year. Such is life though ...
Is that your JK Derrick in the pic before you gave it steroids ?

I plan on doing the same trip in 2012 around March or April and this will be my first time going out there. Any suggestions and if you could shot me some info on the roads or an itinerary it would be greatly appreciated .
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Is that your JK Derrick in the pic before you gave it steroids ?

I plan on doing the same trip in 2012 around March or April and this will be my first time going out there. Any suggestions and if you could shot me some info on the roads or an itinerary it would be greatly appreciated .
Nope, in the picture I posted it is Tom's Green Jeep.

You should see mine now lol ... I didn't do the lift because it was just going to be too much money to step up to 37's, but I did add Rock Hard bumper with tire carrier and can carrier, bushwacker flat fenders, and the aev hood. Hopefully when I make it home next October I can install the rock lights and get a few other little things added to it all! Already planning for next years run to Big Bend!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:34 AM
JK Junkie

Awesome! Cant wait to see you and your JK out running in the wild with the heard again.

Quick Reply: Big Bend New Years 2012 (Jan 5-8)