Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JK meets in Houston, anything going on this weekend???

Old 04-24-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK meets in Houston, anything going on this weekend???

I guess a regular JK meet around Houston would be tough...been kinda quiet in here lately?

So who's doing what this weekend? My wife and I are kid free and have adventure fever
Old 04-24-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks N2. She and I are kind of thinking about hitting a trail somewhere, we're looking west, kind of camped out after the last few weeks of camping.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock
only "legal" place around here for wheeling is Spring Creek. If you're trying to stay close to town, that and Pelican Island are your only option. If you're looking to get out of town- just go to the places to wheel in texas thread

I am dying to get out and do some wheeling. It has been a few weeks, and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms

I hear you man, hey the avatar you have, I like that, I have a place who could make that a magnet sticker for me in fact, just like my HUMMER RESCUE UNIT sticker/magnets. Is that the official TX decal for JK-Forum or just your avatar? Cuz I might be plagarizing it

She and I have done Spring Creek, blah, we've done Pelican, double blah...I'll try a search for wheeling in TX, we just didn't want to be driving for 500,000 hours to go wheel
Old 04-24-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

and if you find someplace not listed here- https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28552 let us all know
awesome thanks.

man can you imagine living in CO? Wow...I'd be out every weekend dodging moose
Old 04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I saw where the Dallas area folks get together for dinner once in a while, does this happen much around Houston? I would like to have a meet and greet for some of us "new guys" sometime. Maybe another build party, after the Rubi gets here of course! It would be nice to put some faces with the names.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

I'm gonna be doing my usual Bolivar weekend beach driving thing.

Maybe if the surf clears up and the wind dies down, I will get some nice specks in the freezer.......

Other than that, I will be cruising and trying to get more pics for George and Mark and Steve.....
Old 04-24-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

You know- the idea is brought up from time to time. And generally sounds like a very good/fun idea. The problem comes down to the fact that we are all so spread out (from Baytown to Fieldstore is a pretty broad piece of land). So the first issue would be: where to hold it?

The 2nd issue is probably an even larger one, which is what day of the week? Obviously most (if not all) are going to have to drive a bit to get to a meeting place. And most of us have jobs to go to in the morning, and/or kids to get off to school. So that puts Friday and Saturday evenings as the prime candidates for nights to get together. BUT- ever try to get a large group of people into any restaurant on a Friday or Saturday evening?

I hate to be the pessimist, but those 2 hurdles are pretty tough.
It was just a thought really, between family and job there's not much week day time left. Might be easier to put a post up saying "Hey, I'll be at Hooters Sunday watching the Astros, stop buy if you are in the area!"
Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Funny part is that I have met most of these guys... And I'm not sure there is a restaurant anywhere that could put up with us
Very true.......

Llano had trouble, and thats a town....
Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Wife and I are going to aim SASQUATCH west and keep driving....once I finish installing (1)...ONE...friggin Xenon fender...all I have lest, started at 5pm went to bed a 1am...lol...I'm slow, but I make it all look good...

These pics give an idea, I can't wait to get her out in the sun and snap some shots.

This photo gives you an idea of how low our stockers sit with their slight angle and then the big lip.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

SASQUATCH looks badass!!! I need to lift mine. How did the 2" body go? I was thinking about doing a 1" or 2" body and running 33"s. Im gonna search on google earth today at work. There has to be somewhere within 50 miles we can go wheel. Probably gonna be all mud though.

Quick Reply: JK meets in Houston, anything going on this weekend???