Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Meets in RGV?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meets in RGV?

Anyone know of any gatherings in the Rio Grande Valley area? I see lots of jeeps around town, but haven't been able to find a club or group that meets regularly. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id be interested in the meets down here ....since Im working here all the time .

Let me know if you find something .
Old 12-16-2008, 11:18 PM
JK Freak

Hey whats up guys, well im not aware of any JK meets in our area but I used to meet up with other jeep guys on wednesday at 7pm at the mudpits, we would do some crawling around there, not on the infamous whalen mud pits but across from that is a fill dirt place. We would meet there, last time I tried looking for the guys there I couldnt find them, the place had me changed up. I havent called them to see if they are meeting somewhere else
Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

The other weekend I was driving south on Jackson road towards "Las Milpas" and saw a bunch of trucks, jeeps and motorcross bikes. I need to scout the exact place, but it seem like there were some obstacles in the area, and some trails. It was most likely someones property that people are just hanging out at. But I couldn't tell. I have to work this weekend, but if I have a chance I'll check it out.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TXEMT
The other weekend I was driving south on Jackson road towards "Las Milpas" and saw a bunch of trucks, jeeps and motorcross bikes. I need to scout the exact place, but it seem like there were some obstacles in the area, and some trails. It was most likely someones property that people are just hanging out at. But I couldn't tell. I have to work this weekend, but if I have a chance I'll check it out.

Yeah that would be the Mud pits I was refering to, they are on whalen road and jackson, its the main turn out on sunday, theres some good hills out there and small trails, but be careful out there especially on sundays, alot of people are there on sundays and it gets wild here some pics from the mudpits of me and a fellow JK:

Heres a pic from one of the last time I was with the other guys:

and here is a classic Whalen Mudpit picture:
Old 12-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fastrat350
Yeah that would be the Mud pits I was refering to, they are on whalen road and jackson, its the main turn out on sunday, theres some good hills out there and small trails, but be careful out there especially on sundays, alot of people are there on sundays and it gets wild here some pics from the mudpits of me and a fellow JK:

Heres a pic from one of the last time I was with the other guys:

and here is a classic Whalen Mudpit picture:
wow, does anybody know how that happened?
Old 01-01-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow. i'm looking for something like that in brownsville.

we need to start a jk club....RGV JKer's lol
Old 01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Saw your Jeep

Hey FastRat, I saw your jeep at the mall. I think it was yours. It had a dent on the front bumper. I wrote TXEMT on one of the windows with the dirt you had on it

Went over to the pits today. Seems like everyone is out there around 3pm. Must have been close to 100 vehicles out there today. Some nice mud there.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

LMAO TXEMT i just stepped outside to check my jeep lol and sure enough was ur autograph haha, i was out there at the pits today but didnt take my jeep, recorded video of all jeeperos having fun, and two JK's were there. i went out there also on this friday and did alil crawlin hence the dirt, ive seen ur jeep there at starbucks also, we need to trade numbers man
Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

Hey everyone, here some video of our local hotspot, everyone comes out to this area on sundays like clockwork, but there are some fools there, but here is some footage of the Jeepers doing their thing safely and out of harms way, a couple of Jk's pop up. I just finished uploading the last video, might still be processing. We dont really have rocks here, but we have lots of dirt, and its not compacted, usually loose stuff. Either way im sure you'll understand. I wasnt out there with my JK this sunday but maybe later this week or next sunday I'll join in. Silver Rubicon Unlimited JK is aka "Daddy's Toy", he also has a full set of half-door's that he swaps in occasionally, and the Black JK is aka "The Punisher"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sDCpRfd2hw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ86m7rnMxI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omgrK6OK87I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMLvMQhXnAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pkDjLZUTBs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VltfKeL77BY

Quick Reply: Meets in RGV?