Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

In need of engine...

Old 11-10-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of engine...

hey yall...reaching out to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction...Im located in Austin, TX and i have a 08 JKU auto and i need a new engine.. here locally a few shops have giving me a price range for a new 3.8 engine swap starting at about $4700-$6100 depending on the shop i talked to. Was really interested to see if any one of yall on here perhaps had a pullout or an engine that would be adequate for a JK...im open to any ideas or trades or sells or what have you. Ive searched and searched for write-ups concerning swaps or replacements. Just looking for real Jeepers to pitch some helpful ideas or items for sale. Thanks yall!! hopefully im back on the trails soon. Driving an altima really sucks.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JR-JK-TX
hey yall...reaching out to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction...Im located in Austin, TX and i have a 08 JKU auto and i need a new engine.. here locally a few shops have giving me a price range for a new 3.8 engine swap starting at about $4700-$6100 depending on the shop i talked to. Was really interested to see if any one of yall on here perhaps had a pullout or an engine that would be adequate for a JK...im open to any ideas or trades or sells or what have you. Ive searched and searched for write-ups concerning swaps or replacements. Just looking for real Jeepers to pitch some helpful ideas or items for sale. Thanks yall!! hopefully im back on the trails soon. Driving an altima really sucks.
man I'm sure I'm to late to this but in case I'm not check out pep boys, i found a motor from them for $1900 long block with 3 year/unlimited mileage, that is a wholesale price but i think it was about $500 more retail.

Quick Reply: In need of engine...