Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rio Grande Valley 1st Annual Beach Run 5/28/11

Old 05-21-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by btomike
Wont be able to make it now guys. Trading in the jeep at hacienda ford for a new truck. The gas was killing me.
Trade her in all complete? Wonder what price they will stick on it, hacienda aint far from me, maybe I'll see her during week

BTW mike, you can still tag along if you want, no discrimination if no longer have the Jeep
Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 AM
JK Freak

Alrite everyone, its winding down, and I like I never been fully in charge of something like this lol so first I hate to say but I aint taking that big BBQ trailer with me, its alil bigger than we need and also would definately slow my Jeep down in the sand, and give the rear end of my Jeep a lowering kit, plus I dont think I would have a much fun with a BBQ pit trailer following me around. Also has anyone been to the port isabel dunes? I've seen pics of the brownsville guys hitting that place up but I have no clue to where it is, maybe Vicaven knows about it? I plan to take an ice chest with some drinks, waters, and maybe a couple . Hmm what else, lets throw up some ideas, maybe chill at the beach for a couple hours, then after that possibly try to find those port isabel dunes? Then I dont know have lunch on the beach or hit up a local restaurant/bar on the beach blvd after port isabel dunes? I know theres a spot out there in port isabel that people go out and play around in thats got some hard packed dunes.

Brownsville peeps help me out, if you know the spot chime in and tell us middle valley folks about it, so we can include it on our day.

All suggestions are welcome guys, I got the weekend off from work so I plan to stay as long as possible out there and even over night, I got a nice big tent waiting to be opened up lol, its one of those family size tents haha!!

Heck we can also do beach fire at the end of the night if you all are down? I can bring along a couple logs of woods to burn on the beach.

So heres the quick rundown of the possible plans:

Hit the beach when we get there, relax for a couple hours
then trek out and find those port isabel dunes
play out there for alil bit till everyone gets their excitement and poser shots
then head back to the island for lunch for some good food
maybe get some of those cheap custom shirts made lol haha
then head back onto the beach and get ourselves a nice spot on the sand for the rest of the night
beach fire and drinks
Old 05-23-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Jesse, there hasn't been alot of talk about our Beach Run, so far the only guys talking about this on the forum r you, Dante and myself. I really hope some more people show up.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think there'll be a decent turnout. If not, it'll still be fun. I might have to just play photographer for the Dunes segment considering the status of my jeep. Unless we decide to push 2wd to the limit. I'm off for the weekend as well and down for absolutely anything.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

And a campfire sounds nice too.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:30 PM
JK Freak

Im sure the right people will show, im sure like the rest of us from the meet and greet will be there, also I know some like to lurk on here. Ill post up on the event thread alil more update
Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

T - minus one day!!!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

We are the jack in the box in front of walmart in weslaco, leaving soon, give me a call 956-929-9679
Old 03-20-2012, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

2nd annual any time soon?

Quick Reply: Rio Grande Valley 1st Annual Beach Run 5/28/11