Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Big A's new shoes...

Old 03-22-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Torn!

I have really thrashed on these at SMORR and in the Mark Twain Forest in Cassville MO.

I have been able to get up everything without a strap!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Big A
Thanks Torn!

I have really thrashed on these at SMORR and in the Mark Twain Forest in Cassville MO.

I have been able to get up everything without a strap!
That's great. Your Jeep is looking sharp. Are you going to make it to Moab? I just installed my steering stab.relocater and still have my evac to relocate.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

No Moab trip this year...

Too many obstacles to hurdle over, Starting with Job security, Finances, And my Jeep still isnt ready for a big trip like that.

Next year, I will make Moab my Bitch.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by big a
and my jeep still isnt ready for a big trip like that.
lies!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMac4
lies!!!!!!!!!!
oh yeah?

Well, I found out that i tore my front driveshaft up pretty good last weekend, And i might as well get axle shafts while i am at it, And The Gussets and sleeves, And LCA skids

And...

And...

And...

At this rate, I will be dead before the Jeep is ready!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Jedi

Lies! Lies I say!

If it makes you feel any better, I had my axle seals replaced today under warranty and my axle shaft was straight as an arrow. I've banged on it pretty good so I was pretty happy to see the tube/shaft has held up...now the knuckles, well that's another story.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Lies! Lies I say!

If it makes you feel any better, I had my axle seals replaced today under warranty and my axle shaft was straight as an arrow. I've banged on it pretty good so I was pretty happy to see the tube/shaft has held up...now the knuckles, well that's another story.
Did you bend the c's ? I have thought about getting gussets.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TORN
Did you bend the c's ? I have thought about getting gussets.
Oh I'm pretty sure they've been bent for a good while. My front pass wheel is pretty off camber, and that's really the only way that's going to happen.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Lies! Lies I say!

Lucky... I took mine in for a warranty axle seal and they said "No more warranty work on the front axle... " At least the replaced the seal on Chrysler's dime. Unfortunately, I was just starting to build a relationship with that dealer and it looks like they are going out of business too. The lot is almost bare, and the owner was found early this morning dead with a gunshot wound. While they are investigating it as a homicide, rumor on the street is that the business was going under and it was a suicide. Either way, I feel terrible for his family...

Oh I'm pretty sure they've been bent for a good while. My front pass wheel is pretty off camber, and that's really the only way that's going to happen.
Yup... if the tubes are straight, there is only one other place to bend.

Seriously, I know when I bent my tube, because I thought I did at the time. I was bouncing back and forth trying to get off of a tree stump at SMORR. (same time as when I bent my tie rod) This is why I'm building the replacement up with all of the EVO goodies BEFORE I put it on.

Kind of funny now... I dinged my rear driveshaft this weekend because I didn't take the time to put the TSL's on before I left on Saturday morning, so I'm going to have to replace it as well. I took off the front one to make sure it was not the problem, so I have a dreaded 2WD jeep right now.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Default mowrangler

Where will you have to go to get work done to your JK now?

Quick Reply: Big A's new shoes...