JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Mid-West (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/)
-   -   Kansas City North of the River Jeepers (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/kansas-city-north-river-jeepers-223407/)

CHIPPER916 03-17-2012 04:12 AM

Kansas City North of the River Jeepers

If you're a Jeeper in the Kansas City north of the river area, post up here and let us know who you are.

Maybe we could have a meet and greet some place that is centrally located for all of us Northlanders, such as Liberty or the Zona Rosa area.

Dexter Morgan 03-17-2012 11:10 AM

I'm sure theres more but they may be on other forums. My bro- in -law is in this area too and would probably go.

CHIPPER916 03-17-2012 01:16 PM

There are 3 JK owners in my neighborhood. I know one of them and he and his wife might want to go. They have told me that they would like to go to Kansas Rocks or Tuttle with a group. I'm not above knocking on the doors where the other two JK's live and asking them if they want to be a part of our group.

We'll see who posts here in the next few days and go from there.

leaky10 03-18-2012 08:28 AM

I'm up in Atchison at Benedictine. There are two of us that get together up here.

wh1stjk 03-19-2012 05:58 AM

I'm in gladestone this sound like a good thing:clap::clap:

bmanns23 03-19-2012 03:33 PM

We have a large group that gets together 2nd Tuesday every month in Olathe it's a drive for me but well worth it look me up on Facebook Brian Manns we can get you in with the group

H00LIGAN 03-19-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by bmanns23 (Post 2913140)
We have a large group that gets together 2nd Tuesday every month in Olathe it's a drive for me but well worth it look me up on Facebook Brian Manns we can get you in with the group

I may be wrong but I think that is why he is starting this group up. Olathe was to inconvenient.

CHIPPER916 03-19-2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN (Post 2913287)
I may be wrong but I think that is why he is starting this group up. Olathe was to inconvenient.

I want to be clear that I'm not trying to compete with your group. It's just that for people like myself who live up north, Olathe is quite a drive. For me it represents 2.5 hours of round trip driving time minimum to go to Olathe. I wanted to start this group for people like myself who want to be part of a bigger group but may not be because they are looking for a group that meets closer to home.

Sorry HOOLIGAN, my reply was intended for bmanns23.

Lsot 03-20-2012 02:57 PM

Platte City Here

Hey folks

I would definately like to meet some other JK-Forum members in the northland.

Been scouting out places to wheel(Google Earth), but not to much luck so far.
Would love to get it on a trail with out having to drive 200 miles.

CHIPPER916 03-20-2012 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lsot (Post 2915406)
Hey folks

I would definately like to meet some other JK-Forum members in the northland.

Been scouting out places to wheel(Google Earth), but not to much luck so far.
Would love to get it on a trail with out having to drive 200 miles.

Welcome to the Northland Group, and congratulations on your Jeep acquisition!

I am thinking that the 2nd Thursday of each month might be good for us Northlanders to get together, with the first meet and greet on April 12th at about 6:30pm. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings at Zona Rosa that I thought would be centrally located and easy access for most of us. I have never been to that BWW, so I thought I might drive over there after to work this week, or take a long lunch to see what it is like, and check out their parking situation. I will post up later to confirm that as the time and place, but if anyone has any other suggestions, let us know, as long as it is in the same general area.

As far as wheeling goes, the closest ORV park to us is Kansas Rocks. Kansas Rocks is just over 2 hours and about 120 miles from anyone in the Kansas City North area. Tuttle Creek ORV park is north of Manhattan Kansas, and is maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers. Tuttle is about 3 hours drive and 170 miles from the Kansas City North area. One of the really nice things about Tuttle is that is open 7 days a week year round. I have only been to Tuttle once, and have been to Kansas Rocks several times. I am probably going to be making a trip or two to Tuttle this year due to my work schedule. The good thing about going during the week is that it is not crowded.