JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Mid-West (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/)
-   -   Kansas City North of the River Jeepers (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/kansas-city-north-river-jeepers-223407/)

CHIPPER916 03-17-2012 04:12 AM

Kansas City North of the River Jeepers

If you're a Jeeper in the Kansas City north of the river area, post up here and let us know who you are.

Maybe we could have a meet and greet some place that is centrally located for all of us Northlanders, such as Liberty or the Zona Rosa area.

Dexter Morgan 03-17-2012 11:10 AM

I'm sure theres more but they may be on other forums. My bro- in -law is in this area too and would probably go.

CHIPPER916 03-17-2012 01:16 PM

There are 3 JK owners in my neighborhood. I know one of them and he and his wife might want to go. They have told me that they would like to go to Kansas Rocks or Tuttle with a group. I'm not above knocking on the doors where the other two JK's live and asking them if they want to be a part of our group.

We'll see who posts here in the next few days and go from there.

leaky10 03-18-2012 08:28 AM

I'm up in Atchison at Benedictine. There are two of us that get together up here.

wh1stjk 03-19-2012 05:58 AM

I'm in gladestone this sound like a good thing:clap::clap:

bmanns23 03-19-2012 03:33 PM

We have a large group that gets together 2nd Tuesday every month in Olathe it's a drive for me but well worth it look me up on Facebook Brian Manns we can get you in with the group

H00LIGAN 03-19-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by bmanns23 (Post 2913140)
We have a large group that gets together 2nd Tuesday every month in Olathe it's a drive for me but well worth it look me up on Facebook Brian Manns we can get you in with the group

I may be wrong but I think that is why he is starting this group up. Olathe was to inconvenient.

CHIPPER916 03-19-2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN (Post 2913287)
I may be wrong but I think that is why he is starting this group up. Olathe was to inconvenient.

I want to be clear that I'm not trying to compete with your group. It's just that for people like myself who live up north, Olathe is quite a drive. For me it represents 2.5 hours of round trip driving time minimum to go to Olathe. I wanted to start this group for people like myself who want to be part of a bigger group but may not be because they are looking for a group that meets closer to home.

Sorry HOOLIGAN, my reply was intended for bmanns23.

Lsot 03-20-2012 02:57 PM

Platte City Here

Hey folks

I would definately like to meet some other JK-Forum members in the northland.

Been scouting out places to wheel(Google Earth), but not to much luck so far.
Would love to get it on a trail with out having to drive 200 miles.

CHIPPER916 03-20-2012 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lsot (Post 2915406)
Hey folks

I would definately like to meet some other JK-Forum members in the northland.

Been scouting out places to wheel(Google Earth), but not to much luck so far.
Would love to get it on a trail with out having to drive 200 miles.

Welcome to the Northland Group, and congratulations on your Jeep acquisition!

I am thinking that the 2nd Thursday of each month might be good for us Northlanders to get together, with the first meet and greet on April 12th at about 6:30pm. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings at Zona Rosa that I thought would be centrally located and easy access for most of us. I have never been to that BWW, so I thought I might drive over there after to work this week, or take a long lunch to see what it is like, and check out their parking situation. I will post up later to confirm that as the time and place, but if anyone has any other suggestions, let us know, as long as it is in the same general area.

As far as wheeling goes, the closest ORV park to us is Kansas Rocks. Kansas Rocks is just over 2 hours and about 120 miles from anyone in the Kansas City North area. Tuttle Creek ORV park is north of Manhattan Kansas, and is maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers. Tuttle is about 3 hours drive and 170 miles from the Kansas City North area. One of the really nice things about Tuttle is that is open 7 days a week year round. I have only been to Tuttle once, and have been to Kansas Rocks several times. I am probably going to be making a trip or two to Tuttle this year due to my work schedule. The good thing about going during the week is that it is not crowded.

leaky10 03-20-2012 04:54 PM

Definately glad to see something closer.

I only have had my Jeep for a little over a year and have done some scouting up in atchison and leavenworth areas. Outside of some sloppy gravel/dirt roads and obscure corn fields there's not a lot of trails. Would love to sit down with some others to see there experiences.

stack79 03-20-2012 05:30 PM

Kci

I am up north & want on the list, count me in.

Dexter Morgan 03-21-2012 04:07 AM

I work late on thurs. but should still be able to make it. I think bww is a good idea and there's plenty of parking in that area.

CHIPPER916 03-21-2012 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan (Post 2916356)
I work late on thurs. but should still be able to make it. I think bww is a good idea and there's plenty of parking in that area.

At this point we could move it to Wednesday if that works better. Is the 2nd Wednesday of each month in conflict with anyone's schedule?

Dexter Morgan 03-22-2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by CHIPPER916

At this point we could move it to Wednesday if that works better. Is the 2nd Wednesday of each month in conflict with anyone's schedule?

I'm still good with thurs, by then I'm definitely ready for a beer and some wings!

Copperhead47 03-22-2012 06:17 PM

I live in blue springs and would like to join up too. Its not north of the river, but none right around me either that i know of

CHIPPER916 03-22-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Copperhead47 (Post 2919830)
I live in blue springs and would like to join up too. Its not north of the river, but none right around me either that i know of

Welcome to the group. Anyone is welcome to our group no matter what part of town they are from.

CHIPPER916 03-22-2012 07:16 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ba...ed=0CBsQngIwAw

Let's go ahead and make our first get together on Wednesday April 11th at about 6:30pm at the Buffalo Wild Wings at Zona Rosa, if you can't be there right at 6:30, just come when you can. Ask for the Northland Jeeper group when you get there. This BWW is roughly at I29 and Barry Road, and the address is 8441 NW Prairie View Road 64153. I have provided a link above for directions.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and will post a reminder here a few days in advance.

:beer:

H00LIGAN 03-22-2012 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by CHIPPER916 (Post 2915605)
As far as wheeling goes, the closest ORV park to us is Kansas Rocks. Kansas Rocks is just over 2 hours and about 120 miles from anyone in the Kansas City North area. Tuttle Creek ORV park is north of Manhattan Kansas, and is maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers. Tuttle is about 3 hours drive and 170 miles from the Kansas City North area. One of the really nice things about Tuttle is that is open 7 days a week year round. I have only been to Tuttle once, and have been to Kansas Rocks several times. I am probably going to be making a trip or two to Tuttle this year due to my work schedule. The good thing about going during the week is that it is not crowded.

You guys need to look up Middle of Nowhere. It might be a little closer for you. It's new, and I haven't wheeled there yet. If you go to JayKayOh you will find a sticky in the midwest regional forum with a map I made of ALL the ORV parks in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Nebraska.

Dexter Morgan 03-22-2012 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN

You guys need to look up Middle of Nowhere. It might be a little closer for you. It's new, and I haven't wheeled there yet. If you go to JayKayOh you will find a sticky in the midwest regional forum with a map I made of ALL the ORV parks in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Nebraska.

I just found out about that place yesterday and looked on their website. It looks like more hunting, camping and trails. Still would be cool to check out but KS rocks was a blast and is worth the drive.

CHIPPER916 03-22-2012 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN (Post 2920017)

I hope you are right about them having trails open, but I also went to their website yesterday and it has not been updated in a while, and has nothing about trails. I sent them an e-mail last December, and they responded that they were still working on the trails, and were expecting them to open at the beginning of the year. Maybe it's time for me to contact them again.

Someone in the KCJC had told me that Middle of Nowhere has more mud than rocks, and tends to be flat, but it is fairly close to us Northlanders and would provide us with another option.

I have the doors and roof off the JK right now, and if the weather holds out this Saturday, I might take a drive up that way to check it out.

Dexter Morgan is right about Kansas Rocks, it's a great park, and not too much of a drive to get there.

H00LIGAN 03-23-2012 09:31 AM

The rock is by far the best local place. I saw some pics of a group wheeling at Middle about a month ago. There was also a "viral" video of a guy rolling his JKU off the side of a gulley that made the rounds last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIm_guUBpGE

Here are another at MoN. Terrain looks identical in both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR4nyJDuop0

CHIPPER916 03-23-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN (Post 2920851)
The rock is by far the best local place. I saw some pics of a group wheeling at Middle about a month ago. There was also a "viral" video of a guy rolling his JKU off the side of a gulley that made the rounds last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIm_guUBpGE

Here are another at MoN. Terrain looks identical in both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR4nyJDuop0

It looks as if they have do have something in the way of trails open up there. Maybe I need to look for them on FB. The terrain doesn't look challenging at all, but since it is only a little less than 1.5 hours from me, it might be worth the trip. Should be pretty muddy right now. Thanks for posting the videos.

CHIPPER916 03-25-2012 08:05 PM

I called the number for Middle of Nowhere yesterday morning, and received a message that they are on their Winter hours of 4pm to 9pm, not letting that stop me, I drove up there anyway just in case the recording was wrong or I might run in to someone. I must have been thinking of the drive to Trenton when I said they were 1.5 hours from me, because it actually took me a little more than 2 hours to get there. I could have driven to Kansas Rocks in 2.5 hours and spent the day there instead.

When I did get there, I saw no trespassing signs and a sign with the Winter hours on the phone message posted at the entrance. Like their website and Facebook page, there was no mention of 4x4 trails on the sign at the entrance. I hung around for a while, but never saw another person in sight. If nothing else, the weather was great, and it was a nice drive up there. I would not mind going back to see what they have, but only if I know for certain that they have some trails open.

Berserker 03-26-2012 07:53 AM

Hey everybody, glad to see more KC guys making noise. I'm from Shawnee and would like to meet up with
you next time you go to Kansas Rocks.

CHIPPER916 03-26-2012 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Berserker (Post 2926071)
Hey everybody, glad to see more KC guys making noise. I'm from Shawnee and would like to meet up with
you next time you go to Kansas Rocks.

Sounds good, we'll let you know the next time we go down there.

Dexter Morgan 04-05-2012 06:06 PM

Sounds good, we'll let you know the next time we go down there.

Wed still good with everyone at bww? Who can make it?

CHIPPER916 04-05-2012 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan (Post 2946015)
Wed still good with everyone at bww? Who can make it?

I'll be there. Let's hear from everyone.

CHIPPER916 04-10-2012 05:01 PM

We're still on for tomorrow night at 6:30, Zona Rosa BWW.

Dexter Morgan 04-11-2012 04:34 AM

We're still on for tomorrow night at 6:30, Zona Rosa BWW.

My wife and I will will make it. Even if it's just a few of us, it's a start.

CHIPPER916 04-11-2012 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan (Post 2954852)
My wife and I will will make it. Even if it's just a few of us, it's a start.

That's how I look at it as well. Some people not on this forum that I know can't make it this month, but said they can be at the next one in May.

CHIPPER916 04-12-2012 10:35 AM

We had a great turnout for our first time! I really enjoyed meeting everyone.

The next one is on Wednesday, May 9th, at 6:30pm, at the Zona Rosa Buffalo Wild Wings.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...ngOn041112.jpg

leaky10 04-12-2012 10:40 AM

Sorry I missed it, ended up working late.

CHIPPER916 04-12-2012 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by leaky10 (Post 2957298)
Sorry I missed it, ended up working late.

Maybe you can make the next one.

Dexter Morgan 04-12-2012 06:37 PM

It was a great turnout and was good to meet everyone. Look forward to meeting more people next time. I also just signed up for KSRocks 101 course April 21. If anyone else goes here we can meet up north and maybe join with the Kansas side to carvan down. I believe it starts at 9:30 Sat.

CHIPPER916 04-12-2012 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan (Post 2958125)
It was a great turnout and was good to meet everyone. Look forward to meeting more people next time. I also just signed up for KSRocks 101 course April 21. If anyone else goes here we can meet up north and maybe join with the Kansas side to carvan down. I believe it starts at 9:30 Sat.

I knew when everyone started talking about Kansas Rocks on the 21st that I would not be able to hold out, so I'm going to go ahead and take that Saturday as an off day. I'm waiting to find out if the person who house sits for me can come up on the 21st. You can count me in if she can make it.

CHIPPER916 04-13-2012 10:50 AM

I am going to be able to make Kansas Rocks on the 21st.:thumbsup: Where and when does our group want to meet to caravan down?

Merlin4979 04-13-2012 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by CHIPPER916 (Post 2959226)
I am going to be able to make Kansas Rocks on the 21st.:thumbsup: Where and when does our group want to meet to caravan down?

The "South of the River" KC guys are planning on meeting at the Target parking lot at 159th and 69 hwy that morning to caravan down, if anyone is interested in joining up with us.

I'll have more accurate times available when we figure that out. :thumbsup::beer:

CHIPPER916 04-13-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Merlin4979 (Post 2959236)
The "South of the River" KC guys are planning on meeting at the Target parking lot at 159th and 69 hwy that morning to caravan down, if anyone is interested in joining up with us.

I'll have more accurate times available when we figure that out. :thumbsup::beer:

Sounds good.:yup:

CHIPPER916 04-13-2012 05:25 PM

Kansas Rocks on the 21st

How does meeting at the Burger King on Armour in North Kansas City sound to everyone? Anyone who wants to can get breakfast. If that location works for everyone, we can decide on the time after the "South of the River" group decides what time they are meeting at Target.