JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Mid-West (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/)
-   -   Mid-West Run - Superlift ORV (Hot Springs, AR) July 24-26 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/mid-west-run-superlift-orv-hot-springs-ar-july-24-26-a-90691/)

JackMac4 06-18-2009 11:52 AM

Mid-West Run - Superlift ORV (Hot Springs, AR) July 24-26

OK folks, we've been talking about it for months. I want to see some commitments coming, because we're fastly approaching this run.

Are you in or out? If you're coming, please say when you're coming. I want to start to figure out who'll be where and when, so maybe we can organize some BBQs or whatnot.

Update: I spoke to Superlift and we need about 10-12 rigs to get a discount on pricing. Normally its $25/rig/day, so Fri-Sun would run $75. He said normally if you bring a group, they'll lower it to $50 for an annual pass so it'll save you $25 and give you free rides for the year.

Agenda: Meet Friday at 4pm for initial run. Wheel all day Saturday, BBQ Saturday night. Wheel Sunday morning and head out!
Anyone who can't find the group, please call my cell at 580-five five one-9012.

Drivers meet at 4pm Friday and 9am Saturday. Sunday wheeling TBD.

Downoad the trail map

Confirmed:

Oklahoma
JackMac4
odin725
cub23
interceptor_1972

Missouri
wiredawg_mg
JKRockStomper
TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
Big A
Dewayne
KC Rescue

Louisiana
mkjeep

Iowa
Area-51

Arkansas
USAF_GroundRat
CreepJeep
SD Hardrocker

wiredawg_mg 06-18-2009 03:38 PM

We are coming. Jeep and a Peep.:thumbsup:

Driving down the morning of the 24th.

Area-51 06-18-2009 09:25 PM

Wife and I will be coming.

We'll leave on the 23rd, take our time getting there....planning on being there on Friday, and we'll be there through the weekend.

At this point planning on staying at a hotel.

wiredawg_mg 06-19-2009 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Area-51 (Post 1190029)
Wife and I will be coming.

We'll leave on the 23rd, take our time getting there....planning on being there on Friday, and we'll be there through the weekend.

At this point planning on staying at a hotel.

Any chance you are coming thru STL on your way down? If so maybe we can meet up and head down together.

odin725 06-20-2009 01:59 AM

I'll be there. not sure if i will show up thursday or Friday yet.If we have a bunch going down Thursday I will plan on being there thursday,If we don't i will plan on showing up Friday.

Area-51 06-20-2009 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg (Post 1191768)
Any chance you are coming thru STL on your way down? If so maybe we can meet up and head down together.

I don't know Wire, since this is sort of a joint vacation thing, I was letting the wife choose whether we wanted to stop for anything on the way down, the route, etc. She has even mentioned possibly just taking off Wednesday after work now and driving some Wednesday night.

So bottom line, I am not sure I can say with any degree of certainty that I could commit to the route being via St. Louis, and even if it was, what time or day we would actually be passing through St. Louis on the way down.

I just wanted to have us down there sometime Friday...and since I wasn't sure whether we were actually going to wheel at all on Friday yet at this point based on when others were making it...wasn't even sure how soon Friday we would be there....was waiting to hear plans on others to make our driving plans accordingly....since we will have a few more hours of drive time than most.

JackMac4 06-20-2009 06:02 AM

I plan on leaving in the morning probably somewhat early on Friday so that I can hopefully get a little bit of wheeling in on Friday. If anything just kinda scope it out. The guy at superlift says they have pretty detailed maps with accurate trail ratings, so he said we shouldn't need a guide - but if we wanted one he said he could probably find us one.

TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK 06-20-2009 09:05 AM

This sounds like a good time. Is everyone planning on doing alot of hard trails or mid level or what?

WireDog are you staying in a hotel too?

Red

JKRockStomper 06-20-2009 10:38 AM

I am planning on going to this event. Already have Thursday and Friday off of work. I have not booked a hotel or anything yet but if peeps have plans it would be nice to know what they are.

As for as mild. moderate, or extreme trails; I would be willing to try anything once.

Area-51 06-20-2009 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK (Post 1192434)
This sounds like a good time. Is everyone planning on doing alot of hard trails or mid level or what?

WireDog are you staying in a hotel too?

Red

I have a 4 inch long arm lift, 35s and skid armor protecting pretty much everything below, so I think my Jeep should be able to handle anything from mild to perhaps even almost "what the hell were you thinking coming this way".

The driver of my Jeep however (me) is probably not that capable to go to the "what the hell were you thinking coming this way" level of trails.

My wife is coming along, and I KNOW she is likely to not want to come along on anything past heavy moderate....so if we hard/wild, just need to know we are gonna do one that day to allow her the chance to stay at the hotel and meander into town for other things that day.

She was okay with the trails we took at Washita last fall...which were wet, muddy at times, and most were saying were at least mid moderate....so as long as the trail isn't too extreme, she'll probably be good.