JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Mid-West (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/)
-   -   Mid-West Run - Superlift ORV (Hot Springs, AR) July 24-26 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/mid-west-run-superlift-orv-hot-springs-ar-july-24-26-a-90691/)

odin725 06-20-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by JackMac4 (Post 1192249)
I plan on leaving in the morning probably somewhat early on Friday so that I can hopefully get a little bit of wheeling in on Friday. If anything just kinda scope it out. The guy at superlift says they have pretty detailed maps with accurate trail ratings, so he said we shouldn't need a guide - but if we wanted one he said he could probably find us one.

i think thats my plan too. Do you want to meet up and head over together??

JackMac4 06-20-2009 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by JKRockStomper (Post 1192540)
I am planning on going to this event. Already have Thursday and Friday off of work. I have not booked a hotel or anything yet but if peeps have plans it would be nice to know what they are.

As for as mild. moderate, or extreme trails; I would be willing to try anything once.

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn on the south side of town.

Originally Posted by Area-51 (Post 1192655)
I have a 4 inch long arm lift, 35s and skid armor protecting pretty much everything below, so I think my Jeep should be able to handle anything from mild to perhaps even almost "what the hell were you thinking coming this way".

The driver of my Jeep however (me) is probably not that capable to go to the "what the hell were you thinking coming this way" level of trails.

My wife is coming along, and I KNOW she is likely to not want to come along on anything past heavy moderate....so if we hard/wild, just need to know we are gonna do one that day to allow her the chance to stay at the hotel and meander into town for other things that day.

She was okay with the trails we took at Washita last fall...which were wet, muddy at times, and most were saying were at least mid moderate....so as long as the trail isn't too extreme, she'll probably be good.

How hard I run will depend on if I trailer or not. If I drive to Hot Springs I'll probably not do extreme stuff, but if I do trailer than I might try some stuff. We won't do anything that people aren't comfortable with. This is for fun, not for show.

Originally Posted by odin725 (Post 1193084)
i think thats my plan too. Do you want to meet up and head over together??

Absolutely - we should hook up and caravan over. Always more fun that way. You're on our way so we'll figure out the particulars when we get closer, but should be easy to make happen.

wiredawg_mg 06-21-2009 07:27 AM

Since we are driving in I hope to drive out:yup:

I have seen some footage of the 5 rated trails an I can say we will not do any of those. Once we see the 4s I can make a better guess. My hope would be to run 2-4s with more 3 and 4s than 2s:synister:.

I hope you come along Red it would fun:clap:

odin725 06-22-2009 09:26 PM

I'm going to be booking a house for Friday and Sat. Night. It has a BBQ grill and such so we will be able to cook out and hang out there. we should have room for a couple more people if someone needs a place to stay.I will know for sure how much extra room we'll have by the middle of the week. and spliting the cost is making it really cheap.

Big A 06-23-2009 03:36 AM

My plans are still in the air right now, As i have to decide if i am going to take this time and ride the bike to Idaho and Oregon to visit with family, Or make the trip with you guys...

It's all going to come down to whether work allows me to take my 2 weeks vacation that i got screwed out of for Moab or not...:naw:

TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK 06-23-2009 06:06 AM

Odin my wife and I may chip in on that house with ya as long as its nice and we have a bedroom with a door and cold AC, how much is it? Do you have a link so I can see the quality??

I am still trying to see if we can go and I am trying to talk the wife into taking off work friday, she just started a new job so it is really hard for her to get off work. :naw: I on the other hand have plenty of vacation:rotflmao2:

How far of a drive is it from St. Louis?

I need to drive back as well Wiredog so I may be more inclined to do the mild to moderate trails.:bleh: What time are you trying to leave?

Rockstomper what time are you trying to leave?

Adam you better go I have not wheeled with you in a while.

Odin do you still have my Neon green spare tire mount? lol

Marvin do you have anyone from MWJT going?

Red

JackMac4 06-23-2009 07:59 AM

I have reservations at the Hampton Inn, but odin got me thinking so I looked around. Here is a place that is right down the street from the park, and looks kinda neat and unique. I might check it out... panthervalleyranch.com.

They have several little cottages, so it might be a cool place if several of us stay there. Let me know if you're interested in something like this..

wiredawg_mg 06-23-2009 10:17 AM

Red and other STL folks.

We will probably leave early to mid morning to put us there mid afternoon. We will head down I-55 so anyone wanting to caravan down we should be able to meet up anywere in SoCoMo or along the way.

As it gets clooser we can firm up the plans to try to accomodate as many as possible, within reason:synister:

Adam. Don't wimp out on me now:bleh: Really looking forward to seeing you there.

Area-51 06-23-2009 10:17 AM

I too had made reservations at the Hampton, but am not opposed to changing those plans here, and staying somewhere like the Panther Valley Ranch. Since they do not necessarily seem like they might have an abundance of rooms, we would probably want to first verify they do have some space open for those dates, how many rooms, and then quickly decide if that is what we want to do as a group....stay at the same location.

It would make for cooking out together in the evenings...sitting around with some cold ones, and not having far to go to hit the sack pretty nice.

odin725 06-23-2009 10:22 AM

I have a call in to one house in downtown but waiting on a call back. if i don't hear back i've got a couple others i'm looking at.check out
vrbo.com and go to Arkansas then hot springs. some say they sleep up to 12 or 14 and the more we have the cheaper it will be. I wouldn't think it would be more than 50 bucks a night if we do it right.I'm planing on booking tomorrow or the next day so if anyone sees something they like let me know.so far I think in my group it will be Me, my dad(maybe),One of my buddies(with a CJ5) and Cub23(+maybe his wife).If someone finds something and wants to book it go ahead and let me know. I 'll check on here before i book and i'll post as soon as i do book if nobody has by then.
if there is any couple we'll make sure they get a bedroom.