Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Need Help Installing Lift - STL Area

Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need Help Installing Lift - STL Area

Ok, I have my TF lift sitting in pieces in my living room. I'd normally tackle something like this with a friend but when we're talking the suspension I'd like the help of someone with experience.

Is there anyone in the St. Louis area who can help me put the lift on my JK? My days off are Thrusdays and Fridays which may make it hard to get together with someone but have over $400 in parts just sitting there is starting to bother me.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skippman
Ok, I have my TF lift sitting in pieces in my living room. I'd normally tackle something like this with a friend but when we're talking the suspension I'd like the help of someone with experience.

Is there anyone in the St. Louis area who can help me put the lift on my JK? My days off are Thrusdays and Fridays which may make it hard to get together with someone but have over $400 in parts just sitting there is starting to bother me.

I guess you and Wayne are on different schedules?

Those days will never work for me. I am a Mon-Fri guy most of the time.

If you can get a weekend date I will be glad to assist.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to do this, but the only time I have Thursday or Friday off is July 23, and 24. The 24th I will be on my way to Superlift, so it kinda rules that out. Maybe I can get my spotter, which helped with my lift, to help you out.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't know what Waynes schedule is. I've tried to get a hold of him several times over the last couple of weeks but he always seems to be extremely busy and I really don't want to inconvience him if he's super busy. We'd talked about getting together this Thursday possibly to do it, but I never heard back from him to confirm so I've made plans w/ my old man to put out my new Expedition One rear bumper instead.

If Wayne can give me a hand I'd love it, he's a great guy and apparently knows more about the JK than the people who built the darn thing. He's given me nothing but solid advice since I met him and he was the first guy in the local club along with Frosty to extend a hand of welcome on behalf of the club. Everyone I've met in the club so far has been equally awesome. RockStomer, Marvin, Grace, Suzy, Moke, yourself, etc.

I don't mean to seem like an inpatient jerk here so please don't take it that way. I work 55+ hours a week on average and what time I have off I have to plan in advance. If I can get a couple people to commit to a day when we can knock this out, I'd be extatic. If I have to take a days vacation to accomidate other peoples schedules I'd be happy to do so, but it seems most weekends people are out making runs away.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd be happy to help if the wife will let me sneak out for a bit.

Not very likely though with a new baby.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to help ya but we need Wiredog because he knows how do anything with a jeep and I also work monday through friday too. If you plan ahead and take a vacation day around wiredogs schedule I will plan to try and be there too.

What about a couple nights?

Red
Old 07-08-2009, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm on mandatory overtime right now. Sucks working for a utility in the summer. But I can probably get off on a Saturday. I'd need to give like 2-3 weeks notice though.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like the lift will be going on next Friday thanks to some help from the guys at MWJT. Feel free to check thier forum for information if you wanna come by and hang out.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Wish I could help, but as you know, I have to work
Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post up the details or a link to the thread so I can come by after work. But I may be going to the lake that weekend I will have to see.

Red

Quick Reply: Need Help Installing Lift - STL Area