Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

North East Central Missouri Newbie

Old 11-10-2012, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North East Central Missouri Newbie

After many years of wanting one, I finally got me a JK unlimited Sahara on Oct 26th after a month & 1/2 wait. Now that I got it, what do I do with it? LOL. Is there anyone around Audrain, Callaway, Boone, or close counties that get together and do trails or fun stuff? I'm going to wait till after Christmas to put on a winch bumper and winch. Don't want to take away from the kiddos present fund. But after that, its on: new tires, long range lights, upgrades and accessories all picked out and ready to order. My wife and I got our JK to get away from the normal life and would love to get together with some local fellow Jeep owners and enjoy our new ride. I don't want to go all the way to the Mississippi river to have some fun. Any body out there close?
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default hmm

Guess that is the answer to my question. Nobody is out there. "crickets in the background"
Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

Hello? Echo?

-
Old 11-25-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, pretty quiet in these parts.

I haven't wheeled since the first year after I bought my '08, and that was pretty mild stuff -- forest roads in the Ozarks. Basically, I'm paranoid I'll break something. I bought it as my daily-driver-make-sure-I-get-where-I-gotta-go-year-round ride, and it hasn't failed me there.

Nearby, there's a club in Jeff City. There was talk at one point about a CoMo club, but I don't know if that ever got off the pavement. (Ha. See what I did there? Humor.)

You could check the Jeff City club's link about Potawatomi, which, beyond private land, is the only Jeep-friendly off-road spot in Mid-Mo that I'm aware of. (i.e. not strictly for ATVs like Finger Lakes) See where it leads you:
ht tp://www.capitalcitycrawlers.com/potawatomi/porpinfo.htm

Best of luck.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Naw, don't mention it. Glad to help. But you're welcome.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

This one is out of waynesville: https://sites.google.com/site/centralmissouri4x4club/

I've also seen Missouri jeep-thing stickers in some rigs: http://midwestjeepthing.com/

I hope this connects you with some folks. I live near Waynesville and just drive around on my property and surrounding areas for fun.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not sure how far you guys are from Potosi, MO. I believe the Sayersbrook Bison Ranch is located there. I haven't been yet, but they have Hummer and Jeep rides hosted there. I've heard it's a good place to dip your toe in the off-road waters.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone wheeling around fort Leonard wood. Are there and decent places to go around fort Leonard wood

Quick Reply: North East Central Missouri Newbie