Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

OK bs

Old 02-02-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PainKiller
find any axles yet
It's really down to the Alloy Chromoly kit (something south of $630) or the RCV kit (around a grand).
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn
Man... looking over that write up for those RCV axles makes me really want to get under my Jeep and make sure everything else is OK.

Perhaps this weekend I can dig into the diff.
don't use that shovel of your to dig into the diff......we will be waiting a few weeks for a update
JK Jedi

Man... looking over that write up for those RCV axles makes me really want to get under my Jeep and make sure everything else is OK.

Perhaps this weekend I can dig into the diff.
Good idea. In particular, first chance you get, pop the diffy cover and check the R&P for any stress, cracks, debris and check the locker to make sure everything's good there too.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by snowbilt
We're still talking about Axels? I thought we moved on to awesome shovels and thumbsuckers
what a combo
Old 02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by snowbilt
We're still talking about Axels? I thought we moved on to awesome shovels and thumbsuckers
The earth goes round and round, and a whole day has passed, bringing us back to the topic we were at

It's really down to the Alloy Chromoly kit (something south of $630) or the RCV kit (around a grand).
Like you said originally, sleep on it, think it over and then make your decision. What're you going to be driving in the meantime? Sucks that something like this would happen at the worst possible moment - then again, guess there never really is a perfect time for things to go wrong either

Originally Posted by PainKiller
don't use that shovel of your to dig into the diff......we will be waiting a few weeks for a update
Old 02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Good idea. In particular, first chance you get, pop the diffy cover and check the R&P for any stress, cracks, debris and check the locker to make sure everything's good there too.
Yeah... I am thinking (or perhaps it hoping) that everything there is fine. I'll burst a blood vessel if I trashed my R&P
Old 02-02-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Like you said originally, sleep on it, think it over and then make your decision. What're you going to be driving in the meantime? Sucks that something like this would happen at the worst possible moment - then again, guess there never really is a perfect time for things to go wrong either
Yeah, there isn't a great time, but in weather like this it would be nice to have 4WD.

We have my wife's SUV, it's a front wheel drive Hyundai Santa Fe. Unfortunately 4 or 5 foot high snow stand between it and the end of our drive way... thats where the shovel comes into play.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Jedi

...I'll burst a blood vessel if I trashed my R&P
Remember...

WOOSAH!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:15 PM
JK Jedi

...We have my wife's SUV, it's a front wheel drive Hyundai Santa Fe. Unfortunately 4 or 5 foot high snow stand between it and the end of our drive way...
Having a 2nd vehicle helps definitely... But I can see you having Jeep withdrawals already
Old 02-02-2011, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

What is r and p? Ring and pinion?