Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Omaha Nebraska Area!

Old 12-04-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Originalredman
Hey guys,
Where is everyone buying their tires? I just moved back to the area from PA and looking for some new rubbers before the snow starts flying. Maybe some Nitto Trail Grapplers......
Thanks for the help!
-JP
Just bought my Nitto's from Discount Tire Direct (online) and they mounted them for me at Lyle's on 84th St. When I went to Lyle's I discovered they are dealers for just about everything. Oddly enough what pointed me at Lyle's was when I searched for a dealer at Discount Tire Direct's online website.

... soon as this build is done I'll be up for anything too (2012 I guess). Also a member of JJOO; awesome group, mostly "live and let live" folks so not much of the typical club drama.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ugh. I went to lyle's Friday. The guy was a real ass. I will not have my nittos mounted by them.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey there, I will be moving back to the area this spring. Looking forward to some meet and greets, and some trail runs if people are up for it. I've been out in Cali getting spoiled by great trails and large groups.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by atomthompson
Hey there, I will be moving back to the area this spring. Looking forward to some meet and greets, and some trail runs if people are up for it. I've been out in Cali getting spoiled by great trails and large groups.
We have a balmy 20 degrees right now. Smart thing waiting till spring.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Goes

We have a balmy 20 degrees right now. Smart thing waiting till spring.
Having seasons again sounds really nice. It's 70 here in the summer and 60 in the winter. You'd be surprised how much you miss the extremes once they're gone. No way to tell what time of year it is.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh! What kind of tires are people running? Obviously A/T are far better with ice but the M/T look is too sexy to pass up. Very few people out here understand the question regarding what works for winter driving. Midwest winter is much more than big fluffy mountain snow on the occasional weekend trail run.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I finally wore out my stock tires. I have Nitto Terra Grapplers arriving Friday because of the icy roads in the winter.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rotbag
I finally wore out my stock tires. I have Nitto Terra Grapplers arriving Friday because of the icy roads in the winter.
I have the Nitto Terra Grapplers too. This is the second Jeep I've had them on.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

I'm tossing Trail Grapplers on tomorrow....
Can't wait!!
Now for a lift
Old 12-08-2011, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NebRedrocker
I went from mud grapplers to some kelly safari tsr's. So far so good in the snow, its my first winter with them.
Those have a ton of siping! I've never heard of those tires. I'm torn between duratrac and some Mickey Thompson MTs. The interco Trixus (something like that) look impressive too. So hard to find a true all terrain AND all weather tire.

Quick Reply: Omaha Nebraska Area!