Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Omaha Nebraska Area!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No laws to worry about. Biggest problem you'll run into is if your front windows are tinted. Otherwise no problems with modifications. And no, not much wheeling in the immediate area. Closest spot is Tuttle Creek and involves a 2.5 hour drive. There's a local club that meets once a month and has wheeling trips every month when the weather permits.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

How did I miss this thread? I just moved to Omaha in June and have been looking to meet some new people. Would definitely be down for meeting up for a few beers with you guys some time... and getting out on some trails.

I had to leave my TJ in Boston and bought my JK when we moved here... have been building her up since then and need to get out some time.

I'm downtown in the Old Market. Beers??
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey thanks for the info! My windows are factory tinted... but I can't imagine I'd catch any flak for that. 2.5 hours is do-able, especially if there's any camping in the surround area.

Anyway, I'm really starting to get excited about move! Anyone have any suggestions as to where a single 26 year-old should look to live?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjackson
It's not real close, but I went to Kansas rocks a few weeks ago. It's about 4 hours away, but well worth it. I enjoyed it a little more than Tuttle Creek. Thought about heading there this weekend if anyone is up for a day trip.
what did you like better at KS Rocks? It's on my hit list for places to go, I've been to to tuttle and will go again, just curious if the extra 1 1/2 hrs is worth the drive.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scholes_76

what did you like better at KS Rocks? It's on my hit list for places to go, I've been to to tuttle and will go again, just curious if the extra 1 1/2 hrs is worth the drive.
More defined longer trails at KS rocks. Tuttle has some nice rock obstacles and that's fun, but I enjoy following a trail. It's a nice change and something to mix it up.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SunnyD
2.5 hours is do-able, especially if there's any camping in the surround area.
There is camping right at Tuttle. The local club usually camps and wheels the entire weekend when they go down. I've never stayed though.

Haven't been to KS rocks. Longer trails would be a nice change.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

We like both Tuttle and Kansas Rocks.. In Kansas its just off road vehicles no atvs or dirt bikes so you don't have to worry about them zinging past you! Lol We are s'pose to trek down to Disney OK this June. I'll be sure to report my findings...
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SunnyD
Hey thanks for the info! My windows are factory tinted... but I can't imagine I'd catch any flak for that. 2.5 hours is do-able, especially if there's any camping in the surround area.

Anyway, I'm really starting to get excited about move! Anyone have any suggestions as to where a single 26 year-old should look to live?
I'm an Omaha native so if you have any question about the area let me know.
The old market area has some cool lofts a be a lot of great food and bars, it's at the extreme east end of town. Waaay further west is more suburban but is nice because it's new development. There's pros and cons to both ends of town and some good areas in between too, but you have to be somewhat careful in some of those areas because there are some rough places
Old 03-24-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDragonTJH

I'm an Omaha native so if you have any question about the area let me know.
The old market area has some cool lofts a be a lot of great food and bars, it's at the extreme east end of town. Waaay further west is more suburban but is nice because it's new development. There's pros and cons to both ends of town and some good areas in between too, but you have to be somewhat careful in some of those areas because there are some rough places
Hey thanks Dragon! I got in a couple weeks ago and found a pretty cool apartment in the Old Market. Parking sucks, but seems like an awesome place for nightlife. Can't wait to really start exploring the area
Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Howdy

Hello all, can't believe I never stumbled on this thread. Nebraska native. Jeep JKU owner since 1/2010. Job doesn't give me alot of time for trails, but did make it to Moab last april. Headed again this year mid-april. Glad to meet everyone. Maybe I can make a meeting if I ever get a day off.

Jeremy - Lincoln, NE

Quick Reply: Omaha Nebraska Area!