Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Please help keep Reuther Jeep open!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help keep Reuther Jeep open!

Please sign the petition.....Chrysler is trying to shut down the BEST! Mod friendly dealership in the St Louis area. Not only that, but they have been in business over 50 years and is still a family owned dealership. Every signature helps!

http://www.petitiononline.com/reuther2/petition.html
Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Jedi

Sorry to hear about this, but in all honesty, I don't think Chrysler is listening to any petitions, or basing their dealership closures on levels of honesty, years in business or friendliness. We have a friendly dealer here in Lawton closing, yet one 30 miles away that every customer bad mouths, seems to be spared. My guess is that the volume of business being done and percentage of new vs. used sold is the driving factors.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

I can't believe there closing them. They have always had great bussiness.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, its not going to help.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe not, but it only takes a minute to respond. I have to think that the list will be fluid and that things could change if given a reason. I signed it.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I was shocked when I saw Reuthers on there. There were quite a few other dealers that shocked me.

I look at it this way. They put out a big list of dealers that are going to lose their affiliation, but they also know that a certain percentage is going to fight that designation. My guess is that they have built into their calculation that 10% will not shut down, so we just have to do all we can to keep our preferred dealers from being on that list.

I'm going to put a similar thread out there on OJT, as Joel has always been good to our club for Fall4xfest.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Reuther's has always been good at promoting our sport, not to mention the fact that they work with our modded jeeps when it comes to warrenty work.

whether our petition works or not, we owe it to them to at least try. Like Dawg said, it only takes a minute.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GraceMWJT
Reuther's has always been good at promoting our sport, not to mention the fact that they work with our modded jeeps when it comes to warrenty work.

whether our petition works or not, we owe it to them to at least try. Like Dawg said, it only takes a minute.
I agree thats where I bought my JK and they are all awesome there!!!!! Just sign it!!!

Red
Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry guys - this is like pissing in the wind. My dealership is closing too, as are most of the dealers all around me. The only ones that aren't going are the megadealers.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

We all know, and even Joel at Ruethers, that the petition probably won't do much good but what is the harm in trying? If more than anything it helps show our support and recognition for everything that they have done for the sport and for the clubs. If/when they are gone they will be sorely missed. They are the only dealer I would take my JK to.

Quick Reply: Please help keep Reuther Jeep open!