Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

ST. Patricks day parade 2011 in Saint Louis who would be interested????

Old 10-18-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking ST. Patricks day parade 2011 in Saint Louis --With all JK's-- ITS ON!!!!!!

Ok guys and Gals,

I run a float in the St. Pats parade downtown (big one not dog town) St. Louis every year, we have ran a fire truck school bus and other things and this year I was thinking it may be cool to run a line of 10 or more lifted JK's.

It's just an idea at this point to gauge interest, would anyone be interested in having their JK in the parade? I run a non-for profit company and we would need to put magnetic signs or a banner on each jeep, other than that just come and have fun, we also throw about 20 thousand beads out my company buys. *** not just an idea anymore its gonna happen now rofl***

Alright reply if interested

Red

****Update as of 1-27-11****

Hey guys,

Sorry I don't get on the forums much in the winter. I have about 4 other jeepers with JK's not on this forum that will be attending as well so if you are still interested please re-post up that you will be able to make it.

Who: The Charity is an Autism Services provider it is one of the largest in Missouri.

When: March 12th - meet up around 9-10 am and the parade starts around 11:30

Where: I have done this for a few years and some of us usually meet up earlier for beer and eggs to start our St. Pats Holiday off the right way so if anyone wants to meet earlier please post that.

Rules: No drinking on the parade route and who ever the driver is needs to be sober! There will be plenty of drinking before and after to enjoy!

Cost: I will need each Jeep to be sponsored, it will be $25 bucks per Jeep to pay for the signs (I will have them made) that will go on each side of your vehicle and they will need the signs when the parade is over to use for other events or next year, and on the bright side if we do the same thing with jeeps next year and you buy the signs this year you will not have to buy them again next year. The beads are paid for so there should be no other costs, other than what you buy yourself.

Details: Beads cannot be thrown from vehicles. They have to be placed around the neck or handed to spectators. I usually give them to all the kids. You need to have a driver for your jeep and if anyone you bring or if you bring a driver and would like to pass out beads, we typically walk along and pass beads the entire route as we walk.

I will also have about 6 friends that will want to come so if someone has extra room in their jeep that would be cool too, let me know.

This is a wonderful organization and it is the most fun event of the year imo.

I will update the main page with a list of interested parties when everyone replies back with definate interest.

***** Update as of 2/7/2011*********

We can meet up the morning of the event, we usually meet near soulard and go from there.

Everyone who is interested will you send me an e-mail with your contact name and number (and forum name) and I will put a call list together. I think we may have 10-12 so far. Also let me know if you will have room in your jeep for an extra passenger or 2? I am going to order the signs in this week and I can pick them up and give them to each jeep the day of the event, signs are 25.00 per jeep - they will be 2 magnetic signs 1 for each side of the jeep. I will need to meet and get the money for the signs from each of you before the event, maybe we can plan a group meeting at Sho-mes in soco and have a beer too!

saintlouis2009@yahoo.com

Last edited by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK; 02-07-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be down there, too bad I am not lifted.

Help me find a cheap lift and tires. We can gave a wrenching party and I can feel part.

I do have a small trailer if you want we could run it off the back of yours for people to ride in
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

That sounds so cool
Old 10-20-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mosssr
I will be down there, too bad I am not lifted.

Help me find a cheap lift and tires. We can gave a wrenching party and I can feel part.

I do have a small trailer if you want we could run it off the back of yours for people to ride in
I have a trailer too, but thanks for the offer. I think we could sneak ya in with us without a lift, lol. That is if we get enough JK's to participate.

Red
Old 10-20-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like fun Heath. What day does the parade fall on? I think St Pats day is on a thursday next year.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by OIIIIO
Sounds like fun Heath. What day does the parade fall on? I think St Pats day is on a thursday next year.
It will be on the 12th of March.

Anyone else interested?

Red
Old 10-22-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Do you think it will be televised?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TORN
Do you think it will be televised?
I am always there, so I am not sure if it is televised or not?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Im in, hopefully have my 35s by then.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd be interested, but I doubt I'll be lifted by then. Heck, I don't even have the JK yet...(just a few more days, just a few more days)

Quick Reply: ST. Patricks day parade 2011 in Saint Louis who would be interested????